By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I just played Watch_Dogs and...

Rychussnik said:
The game is amazing, i've spent far too much time simply blowing stuff up and causing trouble than actually playing the main story

Personnally, just like arcane_chaos, I just take a car, blast "Help Is On The Way" and save random people. 

Also, I kill every person involved in the human traffic activity. The scene at the auction just disgusted me.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Best game released this year imo. I think ubi has something good on their hands, I just hope there is no more deceptive marketing because it looks great, better than infamous imo. I have not played an open world game this fun since gta San Andreas.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Ji99saw said:
Best game released this year imo. I think ubi has something good on their hands, I just hope there is no more deceptive marketing because it looks great, better than infamous imo. I have not played an open world game this fun since gta San Andreas.

Oh, it's definitely better than Infamous. Infamous takes great photos, but the content is just lacking and repetitive.

This game just keeps getting better. Now I'm just walking around and reading about pedestrians. Next I'll try to move across the entire island just by using cameras...

My plan is to actually start playing the missions in about a month :)))

Ji99saw said:

In the graphics department, inFAMOUS smashes Watch_Dogs. But in the content department, it's the other way around.

The gameplay is great in both games imo.

But Watch_Dogs is overall better: deeper gameplay, better open world, the city feels alive, much more activities, etc...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Burek said:
It's a great game. There are so many things to do, it is easy to spend hours playing it and having fun without noticing, and without even touching the main story line.
Last night I spent 20 minutes just messing with traffic lights and causing accidents. So far, my best work involved a 14 car pileup, with 2 cars catching fire and exploding.

That's what I'm doing.  I already played more than 15 hours and haven't touch the main mission yet, only doing side mission which are very fun.

Edit: I don't know about ps3 but on ps4, the water looks amazing.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

I think people have low demands because of the lack of games on next gen. So much gameplay flaws in this game, big  lack of variety. ( especially when it comes to cars 

I don't see how this can be the reason. Gamers didn't react that way to all the games that came before it. Even Infamous, an exclusive, didn't get such reactions. I think it's the hacking that makes the difference. Whether that's enough for you it's another story.

BraLoD said:
Angelv577 said:
Burek said:
It's a great game. There are so many things to do, it is easy to spend hours playing it and having fun without noticing, and without even touching the main story line.
Last night I spent 20 minutes just messing with traffic lights and causing accidents. So far, my best work involved a 14 car pileup, with 2 cars catching fire and exploding.

That's what I'm doing.  I already played more than 15 hours and haven't touch the main mission yet, only doing side mission which are very fun.

Edit: I don't know about ps3 but on ps4, the water looks amazing.

It indeed LOOKS good, but when I went there and tryed to swim... man, was like I wasn't even there, the water didn't reacted to me in any way, looked really weird.
But I went and saw a video of a guy playing it on the PS4, and when he went on a boat and drived the water reacted normally, but I haven't seem he trying to swim, can you try it and tell me if it's all normal?

I don't know how to explan it but for me, it felt normal.  I went to youtube searching for ps3 gameplay to understand your point but can't find any.   The only thing that bothers me a little is the car damage but I'm expecting improvement on the sequel.  Collisions and smoke effect looks good.

BraLoD said:
AZWification said:

Damn it! I was expecting this to be a negative Watch_Dogs thread! >:(

too bad :P

It's OK! At least you enjoyed the game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
Dadrik said:

The only reason people are bashing this game (even though it HAS been downgraded fron the E3 build): this game is not GTA V.

Really, that's all the vast majority of detractors say about it.

But Watch_Dogs is better in my opinion. Tons of things to do, Chicago feels and looks real, nice story line, nice characters, awesome gameplay... A real must-have. The first real next gen game.

EDIT: 

Now don't get me wrong, Watch_Dogs is far from being perfect. It has a lot of flaws, especially the driving and the damage on the cars, but it's a really good game, and a great start to the franchise.

Remember the first Assassin's Creed. It was flawed as well, but AC II and III were simply awesome.

People keep saying it's not worth the money simply because they can't get the idea that Watch_Dogs is NOT GTA V.

And in my humble opinion, it is better than the latter.

Think about it: Watch_Dogs gives us something new. Never an Open World city has felt THIS alive, the hacking gameplay is a great idea, and even though it could have been better, it's still a real pleasure to play it. On the other side, GTA V offers NOTHING new. So yeah, 3 characters, big deal, but that's all. It's still the same game as every GTA before.

So imo, Watch_Dogs > GTA V (but it's still a great game as well)

That's exactly the point.
If it is not GTA than it is trash.
Like old time with RPG's, if it isn't Final Fantasy it is trash.
Or like plataformers still today. If it's not Mario it deserves nothing.
Just like the IGN top 100 list, with Super Mario Galaxy in TOP1 being obviously not even close to be the best game of last gen. It was not even the best plataformer, it was great indeed, I loved it, but Rayman Legends is way better than it.
But people react like this for some reason.

Please stop being childish, no one said " it's not Gta so it's trash", we dont expect a Gta, we expect a quality game, there is much more good gta like than gta like i said.

This game has too many big flaws  to be put at the same level than Sleeping Dogs, gta or even saint row.

It's okay if you like it but dont saying things like " people dont like because they want gta " is stupid.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

oh man this game.. its fun but oh so broken.. at some point im gonna need to create a youtube video with all the stuff i come across.

Laying rubber in a water fountain, pedestrians that run from side to side infront of your car as if trying to get hit. if you spook them while they are calling the cops the just stop lol they almost all do a jump back move when you drive near them, the problem is, sometimes they do a jump back right into you because they are facing the wrong way lol there is a parking lot that isnt connected to any roads and has cars in it. last night i had a guy clued to a wall 5 feet off the ground. i could pump bulletss into him and get blood, but he couldnt be moved..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz