By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of Nations' mystery buyer was...Microsoft

"Now Microsoft has tapped Project Spark developer Skybox Labs"

Wot, no. Project Spark is by Dakota.

Around the Network

I guess this is the strategy IP they're reviving? I've never played one of their games so I'll have to look into the series.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Never heard of this game before

Whoooooooooo

I have 0 experience with this IP, but MS acquiring more is always the right direction to go.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

OMG!!!! This and it's sequel Rise of Legends are my favorite RTS games ever. Must-buy on steam :D

I always thought they owned the franchise, but I looked it up and Microsoft was just the publisher when it released.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Whoooooooooo

I have 0 experience with this IP, but MS acquiring more is always the right direction to go.

Not really, I don't think Microsoft will be making a new entry in this RTS franchise. Given most companies would have not made a new entry in this amazing RTS franchise. 

Acevil said:
sales2099 said:
Whoooooooooo

Not really, I don't think Microsoft will be making a new entry in this RTS franchise. Given most companies would have not made a new entry in this amazing RTS franchise. 

Most likely if they do, it will be on a smaller scale. I wouldn't expect Starcraft levels of effort.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This game was great. Soundtrack was also great. I can still recall "Srilanka" soundtrack.

Wasn't Age of Empires HD a big disappointment?

Rip off anyway, with 2 copies we played 6 player lan battles in AoE 2, nowadays you need to buy 1 copy each. Rise of nations 4 pack $48, my original copy is fine. Make a new one instead.

SvennoJ said:
Wasn't Age of Empires HD a big disappointment?

Rip off anyway, with 2 copies we played 6 player lan battles in AoE 2, nowadays you need to buy 1 copy each. Rise of nations 4 pack $48, my original copy is fine. Make a new one instead.

Yeah, but it was impossible to play over the net with the old game. At least now me and my brother can revive those old battles without him having to travel for 3 hours. Plus the Steam Workshop integration makes it worth the price in my book.

Hopefully they do a better job than they did with Age of Mythology, the extended edition was horribly bugged when they first re-released it. Still fun though.