By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2014 NPD Prediction Thread! NUMBERS IN, Rankings UP

Well it looks like I tied for 1st on Wii U and got 1st on home consoles…Those pesky handhelds did me in though…QUATTRO!!!!

Around the Network

indeed they did

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

uptownsoul said:
Well it looks like I tied for 1st on Wii U and got 1st on home consoles…Those pesky handhelds did me in though…QUATTRO!!!!

Please disregard this and the attached post...I didn't know my other post went though...SORRY

Over half the predictions came closer to the numbers than VGC. Wow how do they even get their data anymore? I'm sure they're not getting numbers from stores since they saw no increase in Vita sales. Are they just plugging numbers into an algorithm and hoping for the best?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Farsala said:

Too hard for me atm :(. All wildly different from last month.

PS4: 245k
XB1:105k
Wii U: 75k
3DS: 95k
Vita: 35k

My prediction unedited got me 3rd place. And I was 5th last month. Too many people changed their predictions to be more in line with VGC :P.

Around the Network

It is so that being off on the lower numbers has the biggest effect on %, but it has the same effetc for everyone

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

4th place, I will take it. Vita is what really threw me (and many others) off.