By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why you wouldn`t buy PS3 for 299$ or 199$?

Neos said:
i would buy one for 250

then the product justifies the price

Wow, so to you a PS3 with all its gadgetry and technology and multimedia options is worth no more than a Wii? That is truly a strange thing to feel imo. By this rate, you'll probably end up not owning a single piece of hardware in your life, especially not a decent PC since that must appear extreme low value for money.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Neos said:
i would buy one for 250

Wow, so to you a PS3 with all its gadgetry and technology and multimedia options is worth no more than a Wii? That is truly a strange thing to feel imo. By this rate, you'll probably end up not owning a single piece of hardware in your life, especially not a decent PC since that must appear extreme low value for money.

God forbid that he doesn't need the gadgetry and multimedia options given by the PS3, right? Especially since those functions are mostly redundant with a PC and other stuff that people already have in their living rooms...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mummelmann said:
Neos said:
i would buy one for 250

Actually at this rate he will own the PS3 in about 18 months. I don't see why saying game systems aren't worth more than $250 to him is odd. Industry history shows his is a common opinion. If he owns a pc and no HDTV than that gadetry is worth $0.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Mummelmann said:
Neos said:
i would buy one for 250

i have a high end pc with a 8800Gt, 6100+ overlocked dual core, 3 gigs of ram. It is worth more to me than a ps3 where i maybe would like..2..maybe 3 games..i would really just buy it for the blu-ray =/

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

For 199$ i would buy my second PS3.Maybe a slim one in white and not imported like the first one,so it can play BLU-RAY discs from my country.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Cause I'm gonna buy one for $500. DUH!!

Mainly because I am happy with my wii and don't need another console.

That said, for $199, I probably would sometime in the next 5 years.

Well I will wait 5 years and get one for $99 lol, by then BLu Rays will be main stream. Standard DVD's are still damn good if you are like majority of people who do not own a HDTV.

Hey CrazzyMan, post your huge list of PS3 exlusives again, because right now I can't think of one single game that makes me want to have a PS3, but I may have forgot one.

If there was a $200 PS3 the chances of me buying it are 90%, I do want a PS3.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089