By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What quality do you value most in a game?

Depends on the genre really. For action/action-adventure/rpg games in general, it's by far the combat mechanics/battle system. I can't point my finger on my favorite aspect of shooters though. The atmosphere and soundtrack can also greatly increase my enjoyment, and so can the visuals - both on a technical level or with an interesting art style (e.g. Okami).

Story is the thing I value the least. I can easily go back to a game with a terrible story and great gameplay, but not the other way around - Grandia 3 is one of my favorite rpgs, and the plot is really silly, for example. I see the plot as nice bonus rather than a requirement.

Around the Network

gamepmusic

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

gameplay.

1. Atmosphere
2. Characters
3. Story
4. Gameplay
5. Graphics
6. Music

1,000,000. DLC

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Resolution and Frames Per Second. Since that seems to be the defining factor of a good game this generation /s

Seriously though, It's probably good characters and accessible gameplay.

Around the Network

Great gameplay and even greater level / game design. There's nothing worse than playing a game that looks and sounds pretty but feels hollow because of poor / repetitive gameplay mechanics and uninspired design.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

720p/59fps

Jiggle Physics
Tits
Story
Gameplay

In that order btw

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Story/Gameplay

Fun