By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Xbox One end up pulling 360 like Japanese numbers in Europe this gen?

spurgeonryan said:
AZWification said:

The X1 is obviously not going too well in Europe, but I think the new Halo games will certainly help!

That is what many thought with Titanfall. I must admit, so did I. Halo is obviously on a whole nother level though.

I do admit that Halo won't magically save the X1 in Europe though! It will give the X1 a great boost, but it won't save it since Halo is not THAT much of a big franchise in Europe!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I do not believe the X1 will do as well as it did last gen as the PS4 seems to have solidified its position in the Euro market and will probably take a chuck out of Microsoft's market share. With that being said, Microsoft has too much marketing dollars to spend to ever pull in Japan like 360 numbers in Europe with the Xbox One.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I think so, considering the negative reaction to the exclusive games, I say they will do poorly

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spurgeonryan said:
drake_tolu said:
My prediction for XO is:

35 milion in North America
12 milion in Europe
1 milion in Japan
And 50 milion Global

Worse in Japan? Even with their new direction of seriously wooing Japanese Developers? I think it could do a little better than the 360. Could...is the word of the day though. If they mess up with getting Japanese Devs on board it will do what you say. At least it will have China this time around.

No, the home market has worsened since 08/09/2007, and then ALL of the console will sell less.

Wii>Wii U sales

PS3>PS4 sales

360>One sales

spurgeonryan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Obviously not. Wait for Halo.

Halo get's gamers talking, but I think we should actually wait for a good CoD before we put all the hope into another halo game.

Halo always has hope until COD comes out.

Around the Network

Shadow's analysis is as always spot on. When X1 launches in the rest of Europe, boost will be minimal. I even expect thst UK numbers will fall by about 50% of those new sales, because those Tier 2 countries are now inflating British numbers due to imports. The only market in which X1 can count on sales comparable to France and Germany is Poland, as its population is about equivalent, and there are a lit of XBox fans there (most probably already have a British X1). The rest of EU combined has less population than the countries X1 is already available (Ger, Fra, Spain, Italy). Actually, they have less population than any single of those countries. And they are probably a 10:1 Playstation countries...

We really need more data, but it does seem very probably that the PlayStation 4 will outsell the PlayStation 3 in Europe and the Xbox One will struggle to match the Xbox 360 sales there.

The question is how big is the European market and how much will it grow or shrink and how much of that will be down to Nintendo and how much for Sony/Microsoft.

Didn't at launch, MS bundled the Xbox One with Fifa 14? Even then, the PS4 still outsold the Xbox One by a very significant margin. This is going to be really fun to see how large the disparity will be when Fifa 15 comes out...

Raw numbers? nope! UK is enough to save Xone of that kind of doom!

Proportionally? maybe,but unlikely.Again,i think uk is enough to avoid this but the other european countries really don't give a shit for Xone.so maybe!

Everyone knows the kinectless sku is coming. X1 will sell more in eu than 360 lifetime. The exclusives blow down this e3 will also make people see microsoft has lots of first party this time round. X1 will show its hand june onwards