By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Xbox One end up pulling 360 like Japanese numbers in Europe this gen?

selnor1983 said:
Everyone knows the kinectless sku is coming. X1 will sell more in eu than 360 lifetime. The exclusives blow down this e3 will also make people see microsoft has lots of first party this time round. X1 will show its hand june onwards

We shall see. Microsoft's 1st party track record has been largely underwhelming thus far. Plus, Sony won't just be sitting around twiddling its thumbs like they have nothing to do. We yet to find out what 1st party devs like Santa Monica, Sony Bend, Sony London, Guerrila Games, Guerrila Cambridge, Media Molecule, Sony Japan, and Quantic Dream have been working on.

Also, E3 is only one of the many battles MS has to partake. Last year, MS unloaded everything at E3 and didn't attend Gamescom and TGS. We shall see if MS has a sufficient amount of games to announce and showcase for E3, PAX East, Gamescom, and TGS.

Around the Network

XBone will never sell in Europe like 360 did in Europe; but come on, selling like 360 Japan numbers in Europe would be a disaster, it won't happen...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Yeah now that I think of it a more expensive PS3 still outsold the 360 in Europe. And now that the prices are even European consumers will buy more PS4's this time around then they did PS3's and less Xbox one consoles.

Although, I wouldn't say that it would be as bad the 360's numbers in japan. It just won't pull 360 numbers in Europe.

no japanese people dont even like xbox

X1 is already over a million in Europe and 360 is only just over a million in Japan, Soo NO thread is silly.

Around the Network

Meh, X1 is selling low everywhere right now because of the price anouncement.  I would wait until then to make any judgments on sales.

Also, it has almost surpassed the Wii U in total sales in Europe, so it can't be doing that bad...

Whay not it will "do a PS3"?

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40783/Europe/

Look at those PS3 numbers back in 2007, you might get depressed.

In my opinion, it won't happen. People who says ltd xbone has sold more than 360 forgot how in 2007 a lot of people didn't buy console at launch, and also most of gaming sales were less front-loaded. 360 had a lot of big timed exclusives, like Bioshock, Mass Effect and better exclusives in the early days like Gears of Wars, Those were incredibly good games, and i think everyone will agree ms did a fantastic job securing them back then.

Now xbone is stuck with a mediocre only multiplayer game, a super laggy dead rising, and the always good Forza (altough we all know what ms has done with dlc in forza is really bad). I mean, these are good games, but we are on a totally different level than the games 360 had at the time.

Also, the reception with xbone is really bad here in europe. It resembles a lot windows vista launch, when a lot of people were in a hurry to buy the last xp computers.
It's really not a matter of prices when the other console sells 10x than yours, I don't think there's a simple way out from this, and the price cut/kinect removal is not going to do much when a lot of our retailers are already selling it at a cheaper price in bundles. Now it's a matter of percepted value, and i don't think you can just "fix that". Probably if ms was willing to spend billions in marketing, most people could change their mind, but i think ms primary issue is making the xbone profitable this time, so i don't think that's gonna happen.

Sorry if i made some mistakes, english is not my primary language :)

AZWification said:

I do admit that Halo won't magically save the X1 in Europe though! It will give the X1 a great boost, but it won't save it since Halo is not THAT much of a big franchise in Europe!

Could any game save the X1 in Europe? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
AZWification said:

I do admit that Halo won't magically save the X1 in Europe though! It will give the X1 a great boost, but it won't save it since Halo is not THAT much of a big franchise in Europe!

Could any game save the X1 in Europe? 

Fifa exclusive? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!