By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Instead of a price cut, Nintendo raises the Wii U price. "Smart or crazy"?

Console, Extra controller, Wheel, MK8 and an addicional game (until July 30).

Sounds good for me.

Around the Network

Don't you get a free game download if you register Mario Kart 8 by the end of June?

Darc Requiem said:
Don't get a free game download if you register Mario Kart 8 by the end of June?

You have till the end of July to register to get the free game. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This game really doesn't need the gamepad. I could imagine a bundle without the gamepad for something like $199 would sell boatloads.

Alright guys; I work part time at a major grocery retailer in my area (like Walmart) in their electronics department. I've seen at least 2 promos for the Wii U during my tenure this spring. One was if you bought the Wii U you'd get a free game, any free game valued up to I think 60 or 70 dollars. They had the Zelda HD bundle so technically you could get 2 free games.

Did anyone buy it? No, I never saw any stock moved. Out of all the Nintendo customers I've only sold the original Wii (mini) lol.

I can't remember what the second promo was but it was simialar in value; roughly 60 dollar savings off MSRP on the Wii U. The thing is; no one wants the Wii U. There is literally 0 demand and that's reflected worldwide based on its poor track record.

Hiking the price no matter what's included in the box will do absolutely nothing. It could come with a free blow job and it still wouldn't move consoles.

This is a bad idea and you will be very disappointed with the sales in a few months.

Around the Network

It just wouldn't make sense to keep the current bundle with nsmbu for 299 and then give another choice that includes a free wiimote and the wheel for the same price.
Although they could have lowered the price of the nsmbu bundle for 250 and sell the MK8 bundle for 299 that would have been great.

reggin_bolas said:
I can't remember what the second promo was but it was simialar in value; roughly 60 dollar savings off MSRP on the Wii U. The thing is; no one wants the Wii U. There is literally 0 demand and that's reflected worldwide based on its poor track record.

Hiking the price no matter what's included in the box will do absolutely nothing.

No demand worldwide based on your store?  I'm glad we don't base our global figures on your input al

Perhaps it won't do much in Franklin, TN alone but it's already shown a relatively large spike on Amazon in Japan and the US (which includes Franklin, Tennessee).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

A $60 game and a controller seems to be easily a better value than a $30 game and no controller.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Viper1 said:
reggin_bolas said:

Hiking the price no matter what's included in the box will do absolutely nothing.

No demand worldwide based on your store?  I'm glad we don't base our global figures on your input al

Perhaps it won't do much in Franklin, TN alone but it's already shown a relatively large spike on Amazon in Japan and the US (which includes Franklin, Tennessee).

You miss the point; my situation is the same across retailers in the world. Also Japan is an irrelevant market. 

this is dumb, the bundle is worth more than other bundles, they're not just raising the price >_> aaaaahhhh the stupidity is getting to me