By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Instead of a price cut, Nintendo raises the Wii U price. "Smart or crazy"?

They should have a bundle without the WiiMote/Wheel as we saw in Europe for $300 or $275. But I'm sure the bundle that is now $330 will come down in price by Christmas, and I think it will still sell well because of the free game you get in addition to MK8.

Around the Network

$330 is price for mega bundle, standard Premum bundle costs $299.
For just 30$ more you get Wii Remote Plus and Wheel.

That, and $299 price for standard Mario Kart bundle is very good price, you get 1 extra game for free, beside Mario Kart.

Clever! So they can advertise the Wii U in a few months with a 100$ price cut instead of a 50$ one

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

It may be a supply constraint issue. They're basically giving retailers leeway to charge an extra $10 if they have issues keeping the bundle in stock.

I think we'll mostly see it at $330 across the US

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

you do realize that it comes with a game, a steering wheel, and a controller right?

Around the Network

More like idiotic. They need to sell more, not less.

Oh well, let's see.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's a Wii U with a 50 percent discount on MK8. Nothing to see here, people.

It's not a price increase on the console. It's just a pricier bundle.

Standard bundle - $299.99
Deluxe console
GamePad
1 game (2 if you include New Super Luigi Bros from the New Super Mario Bros bundle).

Mario Kart 8 bundle - $329.99
Deluxe console
Gampad
2 games
Wii Remote Plus
Wii Wheel

Wii Remote Plus is $39.99 itself. Wii Wheel is $9.99. Plus a free game at $59.99.
That's $110.00 of extra stuff for only an additional $30.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

spurgeonryan said:
Azerth said:
you do realize that it comes with a game, a steering wheel, and a controller right?

Most bundles come with two games. Zelda bundle com....post like 4 times already in this thread. Yes, I know.

What bundle comes with two games?
The Mario bundle has a launch game and a $20 DLC pack.

This is the first time you have a chance to get 2 games with your WiiU.
Plus, where are you seeing it sold for $339.99? Target, Gamestop, and Walmart in the US are all selling the bundle for $329.99.

The $30 increase is in price is due to also throwing in a $20 Wheel and $40 Wiimote. (not including the game as other bundles on WiiU were $300 with free game as well)

PLUS you get the free download game. Man its a deal.