By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Instead of a price cut, Nintendo raises the Wii U price. "Smart or crazy"?

Crazy, without a doubt

Around the Network

Well all I can say is that its a bundle and not just a console so extra value equals higher price??

The MK8 bundle includes a brand new game and an extra controller. It's still a better value than the $299 bundle.

That's strange. Maybe they are seeing higher demand than expected.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Really ? There's no such things here, that bundle is priced 299€ at most in my country.

Around the Network

Well it does come with a free game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

its a bundle?!
also nice to see lots of comercials in us....in uk only ones ive seen were the ones on E4 and Citv...that's it.

also the wii u IS NOT sold at a loss anymore actually so I don't know lol..

That is pretty fucking based

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

spurgeonryan said:

$329.99 - $339.99 for the Wii U MK8 bundle.

Ummm....I hope they have only made limited quanities these. While most companies are trying to drop prices, Nintendo does what it wants.

Which amazes me! The Wii U supposedly has last gen visuals( plus a bit of horsepower) but is over 200 dollars more than a basic model 360 and still barely making a profit per unit sold.

What are they thinking? Needs a 100 dollar price cut by Christmas! $239.99 is my suggestion.

oh look, a MK8 commercial just aired on tv for the fifth time this hour...wonder what they are paying for marketing on MK8?

It will probably get price cuts and more bundles by black friday.

As for the marketing, at least we know they're marketing it now. I haven't seen a Wii U commercial since Pikmin 3, and before that, the horrible launch ads. They're not paying Activision COD prices, but the increased marketing is a welcome change.

It's "Smarazy!"*

*The term "Smarazy" is a trademark of d21lewis.