By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto - Great or Over Rated?

Around the Network

Other than IV, the series as a whole has been excellent. Everyone has their favs, but my personal favs are the "PS2 trilogy" of Vice City, III, and San Andreas. I miss the mindless fun and ridiculous cheat codes you could use in those games... IV and V tried way too hard to be more serious.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

the ps2 ones certainly werent in there time gta4 i would rate 8.5/10 and havent played 5 yet but i would assume its a 9+ game

Play Me

I love GTA, the only one I thought was overrated was GTA V. I didn't like it as much as the others. I wasn't interested in the story at all, I really wanted more and better cheats. I never liked GTA's stories/campaign. I would always use cheats and mess around in the city, I find it more fun than doing a bunch of missions.

For me the best ones are Vice City for the music and setting and San Andreas for the epic cheats. GTA IV was good, not as good as I had hoped but good.

GTA V, I don't like the multiplayer and there wasn't enough cheats for me to enjoy the game with.

Over rated considering GTA IV was shit.

Around the Network

It's the bridge between good and great for me. So for the games to score that high I'd say they're massively overrated.

BraLoD said:
98 is a little too high to GTA 4, maybe a 90, but the whole franchise is amazingly fun, and GTA 5 is a masterpiece.

How was the first mission with the cars on GTA 5 for you?

what did you think about that mission?

You had no problem with the car handling?

For me that mission was really really annoying.

GTA has amazingly high production values... it gets boring after literally 5 minutes every time

SnK0610 said:
BraLoD said:
98 is a little too high to GTA 4, maybe a 90, but the whole franchise is amazingly fun, and GTA 5 is a masterpiece.

How was the first mission with the cars on GTA 5 for you?

what did you think about that mission?

You had no problem with the car handling?

For me that mission was really really annoying.

are you talking about the online race that made everything fucked up for starting online,   or that easy ass race thy make you do as franklin?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

The mission where you have to chase your friend for a couple of minutes

and while doing it you need to drive very fast with a really bad car handling

And lots of obstacles in the way for a couple of minutes.

How did you handle that mission?

It's the first mission.

Really Really annoying.