By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:
Big game on Monday for Saints, playing a midtable club to keep up with our rivals.

I hope they do finish midtable, but they are 4th at the moment... it's gonna be a hard one. I hope Southampton win though

I do too however we are losing the games we are expected to lose but winning the games we should, unlike Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and now Chelsea. It's weird to think people were saying things like "Now they come up against a big club they are put in their place." but we never expected to beat them anyway, we expected to be struggling in mid table, not flying high, so what if we lost to Chelsea and Man City... we should, it's bad on them if they don't beat us.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

That's good for my fantasy football (I know others have Aguero) but not good if Man City need to catch Chelsea, loosing their main scorer.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
But yay, Yaya put us 1-0 up

Also, it you only have BT, you should have got yourself down the pub. Nice bit of dirty pub food and bear, a nice saturday to me.

Hmm, pie.

Mistkae.. :P

Hmm, pie.

Nice comfortable 3-0 victory keeps Derby top of the championship, but we have a huge week coming up, Boro away next sat, Chelsea in the cup and then Norwich. A cup exit and 6 points please (too much to ask to win all 3) :)

Around the Network

lol at Ronaldo's dive in the Celta Vigo match.. He deserves the award " Best Diver of 2014"! xD

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

You know, of all things happening, I didn't actuall think West Ham would be the ones to push us down the division a bit. Man City and Man U fair enough but West Ham? Bravo to them.

When will the media start enjoying themselves (a bit too much) to them instead of Southampton I wonder.

We get Man U out of the way tonight, don't mind if we lose, then on to some winnable games again.

Hmm, pie.

I will make my Champions League today, just in case.
Juventus- Atletico Madrid (1-2)
Olympiakos- Malmo ( 2-1)
Liverpool- Basel (1-1)
Real Madrid- Ludogorets (4-1)
Monaco- Zenit (0-1)
Benfica- Bayer Leverkusen (1-3)
Galatasaray- Arsenal ( 0-2)
Dortmund- Anderlecht ( 3-1)
Roma- Manchester City (1-2)
Bayern Munich- CSKA Moscow (3-1)
Barcelona- PSG (2-2)
Ajax- APOEL ( 2-1)
Cheslea- Sporting ( 3-1)
Maribor- Schalke (1-2)
Porto- Shaktar ( 1-1)
Bilbao- BATE ( 2-1)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Can't believe southampton lost.. At ManU only van Persie was decent..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Can't believe southampton lost.. At ManU only van Persie was decent..

We were unlucky but just could take advantage of our opporunities. Man U were essentially playing a 5 defence when we were attacking. 2 mistakes cost us the game.

But the last 3 games I never expected to win, sure it would have been nice to draw one but flying high doesn't also put my epectations high either. Next Saints have Burnley, Everton (at home) and Crystal Palace, all very winnable games.

Hmm, pie.