By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Barozi said:

NiKKoM will like this:

Geez man.. I mean.. I know he started the process to bring the club on the level that they have today but that respect for van Gaal is insane.. xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Well, since you're posting highlights, here's Van Gaal's... :P

Deco's game is today! Barcelona 2006 vs Porto 2004. It's gonna be so nostalgic seeing Ronaldinho and all the other guys wearing Barcelona's shirt again.

Edit: There's a live stream for anyone that can't watch on TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RLw34KzxA

I love Barca 2006.. great team.. I still think Rijkaards team was better then the team that guardiola had.. which could only play 1 style of football and has a lot more tumbling crybabies.. Rijkaards team were made of real men..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ronaldinho is not gonna play anymore. The flights from Brazil to Portugal are messed up this week end.
I really wanted to see him. But there will be Messi and my team that won the '04 Champions League.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

In modern football, I think it's more then money than anything else, of course, the clubs in the CL get more money. :P Nothing to do with recognition.

Man U at the same time are Man U, if Real oddly didn't make it to CL one season they could still attract big players because of who they are. Some team are exempt from having to have CL to get players in because of their status alone. Man City on the other hand threw money at it.

I think Man City are a great example of how important the Champions League can be though. Look at the difference between the quality of players they attracted before they had Champions League football and after...

True. the likes of Aguero or Silva were never going to go there without the CL football. However they did get Tevez before (a true mercenary in footballing terms) and paid him a stupid amount of money at that, they at the time were very rich but only in European Cup not CL.

Sorry I didnt get that, would you care to elaborate? Tevez is and has always been important on every team he played. And he has always given his 100% with every jersey he wore...

The topic with ManU is that we know they bounce back sooner rather than later to the CL. Milan in the other hand, is a complete mess. Milan is 7 times winner of the CL;  RM and Milan are the real stars of the CL.

RM still is, Milan is probably gone for a couple of years if not more.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Pjanic's goal in the Manchester United match was simply amazing! Apparently he managed to pull that off because he trained with an actual American football the day before the match!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
Hey, is there like a VGC fantasy premier league league or anything?

Why  set just for  premier league?

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't know of any for other leagues but there is a premier league one right here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just need to create a league and let people know the code to join.

I don't watch premier that much.

I mostly watch Portuguese and La Liga championship.

I guess I'm one of the few. :(

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Hey, is there like a VGC fantasy premier league league or anything?

Why  set just for  premier league?

I don't know of any for other leagues but there is a premier league one right here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just need to create a league and let people know the code to join.

I am in! I have to swap to sky to watch the premier league, but oh well at least is worth it...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064