By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Recife is experiencing flooding, field will likely be affected by strong rains for United States v. Germany match.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

9 games thats gonna be hard for liverpool

He missed the first 6 last season because of his last ban as well. Next season he'll miss the first 12 I guess

Suarez's 9 match international ban means he misses the Copa America as well.

Big Liverpool fan here, but what Suarez did can't go unpunished.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xevross said:

He missed the first 6 last season because of his last ban as well. Next season he'll miss the first 12 I guess

That seems unlikely. It's a whole year away there will be a quite a few games in the meantime. Besides if Uruguay want him back that much they could just hold a load of friendlies to quickly get the 9 games down.

I don't think it works that way.

I think FIFA doesn't count friendlies.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xevross said:

That seems unlikely. It's a whole year away there will be a quite a few games in the meantime. Besides if Uruguay want him back that much they could just hold a load of friendlies to quickly get the 9 games down.

Its true though. It turns out he can appeal against the 4 month ban by the looks of it but not the international one. Weird.

Around the Network

I wonder with Suarez's 4 month + 9 international matches ban if those 9 matches start with the next match or after those 4 months. It'd be better IMO if those 9 matches start after those 4 months. So 4 months + the next 9 international matches should be it IMO.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xevross said:

I don't think friendlies count for that - atleast they didn't in the football manager games I used to play.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xevross said:

FIFA doesn't count friendlies though. On the other hand it would be weird if he could play a friendly after the 4 months but not an official match with Uruguay.

EDIT: At least they don't count the results of these matches.

poklane said:

I wonder with Suarez's 4 month + 9 international matches ban if those 9 matches start with the next match or after those 4 months. It'd be better IMO if those 9 matches start after those 4 months. So 4 months + the next 9 matches should be it IMO.

Both bans start from today.

Xevross said:
poklane said:

I wonder with Suarez's 4 month + 9 international matches ban if those 9 matches start with the next match or after those 4 months. It'd be better IMO if those 9 matches start after those 4 months. So 4 months + the next 9 matches should be it IMO.

Both bans start from today.

Typical FIFA derp