By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Xevross said:

Thats a pretty short ban. I think he deserves much longer than that. This means he'll get to play again at about the end of October.

Indeed. 2 year international and then 4 months all football would be better.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
vivster said:
chocoloco said:

Weather for the USA-Germany game!

A live look at the city in the link below.

http://www.vejoaovivo.com.br/pe/recife/ponte-duarte-coelho.html

I may want to change my prediction now.

If the game looks anything like this it  will be hilarious to watch!

Suarez can appeal but whatever happens at the appeal he is not playing in the World Cup anymore.

He will miss the first 9 league games (if he stays at Liverpool) as well as many cup and CL games.

Update: "Suarez must pay fine of 100,000 Swiss francs [about £65,000] - FIFA saying that even if he appeals the ban stands - so he can't play again in this World Cup."

US wins 4-1 today.  

I had a dream

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Sky Sports reporting that Suarez has been banned for 9 matches and 4 months.

That will leave Uruguay's attack toothless.

so he's banned till the 26th of october from liverpool how many matches are played by liverpool untill then?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

and those 9 matches are for the interlands only

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Yes, 9 matches are international.

He will also miss Liverpool's first 9 league games as well as their cup and CL games up to that point. 

Also, A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suarez in accordance with art. 21 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code as follows: the player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

Xevross said:
kirby007 said:

Yes, 9 matches are international.

He will also miss Liverpool's first 9 league games as well as their cup and CL games up to that point. 

Also, A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suarez in accordance with art. 21 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code as follows: the player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

9 games thats gonna be hard for liverpool