By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

USA - Germany 1-3
Ghana - Portugal 2 -1
Algeria - Russia 0-2
Korea - Belgium 0-2

On the discussion of the red card, it definitely was one. There are a lot of fouls not being booked while they should be. This was a deserved red, entering with both feet from the ground and straight legs, no way he was trying to control the ball, sadly enough the two french that hit someone in the face with an elbow got away for now. Which is actually a shame because they should have been playing with ten after 5 minutes.
Come on sepp, i want video referees!

Around the Network

Yess, Switzerland!

I got nine of the teams advancing correct until now (discounting Germany and Belgium until tonight). Yet just four of them in the right spot (Brazil and Mexico and Argentina and Nigeria). Yesterday was a mediocre day for me because France refused to score. I also should have went with the 0-3 on the Switzerland game like I wanted to at first, but for some reason I changed it to 1-3. Stupid mistake, one should always go for their first hunch. 6 points for me yesterday.

For tonight:

United States of America 1-3 Germany
Portugal 3-0 Ghana
South Korea 0-2 Belgium
Algeria 1-2 Russia

This means United States will be out of luck, and Portugal pulls a Greece while Germany cements themselves firmly into the 1st place. Belgium will become the fourth country to get the full 9 points together with Netherlands, Colombia and Argentina fairly easy, while Russia secures their 2nd place.

RolStoppable said:
My bracket is so screwed. Will all the points for the group results be added to the scoreboard anytime soon?

tomorrow after the last match of the group rounds..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
RolStoppable said:
My bracket is so screwed. Will all the points for the group results be added to the scoreboard anytime soon?

tomorrow after the last match of the group rounds..

Will then be the chance to predict the outcomes until the finale or is it too late for that?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Talal said:
United States 0 - 2 Germany
Portugal 2-1 Ghana
South Korea 0 - 2 Belgium
Algeria 0 - 1 Russia

Botaeng is out of the team i change my prediction

,opps wrong post

Around the Network
vivster said:

Will then be the chance to predict the outcomes until the finale or is it too late for that?

Well yes.. thats would be the fun thing to do... right?
everyone can predict/adjust second round onto the final..

That has to be done Tommorow FRIDAY and SATURDAY ONE HOUR BEFORE KICK OFF.. Everyone posting later won't get points.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

USA - Germany 0-3
Ghana - Portugal 3-1
Algeria - Russia 1-2
Korea - Belgium 2-2

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

USA-Germany (2-3)
Ghana-Portugal (1-2)
Algeria-Russia ( 1-1)
Korea-Belgium (1-2)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Weather for the USA-Germany game!

A live look at the city in the link below.

http://www.vejoaovivo.com.br/pe/recife/ponte-duarte-coelho.html

So we have bonus points for those that predicted the finals and the normal points for the daily matches

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.