By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

ArchangelMadzz said:

Premier league table predictions anyone? Will be bookmarking and see how I did at the end of the season.

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6.Everton
7. Spurs
8. Leicester
9. Stoke
10. Southampton
11. Watford
12. West Brom
13. Crystal Palace
14. Bournemouth
15. Burnley
16. West Ham
17. Huddersfield
18. Newcastle
19. Swansea
20. Brighton

Way off on some, only 1/2 positions off on quite a few of them. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Glad Villa got through. Couldn't be doing with a trip to the North East to face a Pulis side. Urgh. Villa has been a decent enough hunting ground for us though.

Good match today, deserved for Atlético

World cup tickets arrived in the post!

Around the Network

Just seen that Lazio lost 3-2 to Inter, who snatched the final Champions League place from them on head to head record (Inter's goal difference is worse). Always felt GD should be the deciding factor as it represents how well you've done over the season rather than two games. Gutted for Lucas Leiva there.

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Goal difference doesn't exactly reward consistency either though, it rewards attacking play. A team that's very consistent but also plays very defensively could have a large points total but a low goal difference.

Yes but it's still consistency in attacking play if anything, because it's something that's affected by the entire outcome of 38 matches rather than 2.

That's a contradiction because going into the match the teams would essentially have the same type of record across all 38 games as far as wins/loss/draws go if the defensive team wins then they should go through on head to head goal difference should only factor if the head to head is even as well, the's a good reason for this as well as FIFA realised that GD was favouring offensive tactics so even if the team lost they'd go through because they beat some pub team  5-0 earlier in the season hence why head to head was introduced.

This CL final better be nuts! I expect Salah to perform very well.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I really hope Liverpool wins. I was hoping for Juventus just because I wanted Buffon to finally win it but sadly Real got lucky.

Unai Emery is our new boss! Needless to say I'm over the moon about this. Now I just hope he gets enough funds to rebuild our defence.