By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
"Since the summer of 2013, Barcelona have spent more money on players than Real Madrid""just under €4m (£3.6m) more than their rivals" from Marca

I think that`s a very interesting fact, quite a surprising one too. Real Madrid seem to have so much more depth than Barcelona. It does seem like Real have relatively few transfer flops compared to the amount Barca have had in recent years though, so I guess that does make a bit of sense. Whoever is in charge of player scouting at Barca should probably be replaced though

While I agree that they have made stupid buys, I think the Barca playstyle(They try to mantain it) just doesn't fit some players. See Ibra, Real Madrid is a much standard club at least in that way.

Around the Network

We should just disband the Eredivisie ffs. PSV get knocked out bij NK Osijek (probably spelled that wrong) and Ajax is down 0-1 at home against Rosenborg.

Ajax's season so far:

• Knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers by Nice
  • Lost the home game in the Europa League playoffs 0-1 to Rosenborg
  • Lost the 1st Eredivisie game to Heracles, the first time losing to Heracles in the Eredivisie since 1965
  • Bosz (coach) left to Borussia Dortmund
  • Klaassen, who probably was their best player, sold to Everton
  • Sanchez, probably the best defender in the entire Eredvisie, will be sold to Tottenham Hotspur
  • Onana (goalkeeper), Ziyech (important midfielder) and Dolberg (great young striker) are all considering leaving according to De Telegraaf, who are extremely reliable when it comes to Ajax. They are considering leaving because Bosz promised at the end of last season that if they were to stay Ajax would sign 4 new players for the starting 11, with the window still open for a little under 2 weeks Ajax has yet to sign 1. This also played a role in Sanchez leaving for Tottenham Hotspur. Bosz, Klaassen and Sanchez leaving also plays a role in the other 3 players considering moving to another club as well.

poklane said:
We should just disband the Eredivisie ffs. PSV get knocked out bij NK Osijek (probably spelled that wrong) and Ajax is down 0-1 at home against Rosenborg.

So when your team can't win it should be shut down?

HomokHarcos said:
poklane said:

We might as well shut down the entire league lol, everytime you think it can't get worse it gets a whole lot worse

And in case you didn't get it, I'm obviously exaggerating. But Dutch football in its entirety is absolutely trash.

Around the Network
poklane said:
HomokHarcos said:

We might as well shut down the entire league lol, everytime you think it can't get worse it gets a whole lot worse

And in case you didn't get it, I'm obviously exaggerating. But Dutch football in its entirety is absolutely trash.

I'm sorry to say this, but Dutch clubs and the national team have been good for so long that I don't know how I can feel bad for the fans.

Ka-pi96 said:
Not a great result against Everton really. Walker shouldn`t have been sent off and with the chances we had... we should have won!

Going in with the shoulder off the ball, following through with the elbow.

100% 2nd yellow.

Seeing Rooney score makes me very happy, even if he is not United anymore.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Seeing Rooney score makes me very happy, even if he is not a United anymore.

Same here, I was happy when Everton scored, even happier when I found out it was Rooney. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

It reminds me of when Frank Lampard scored for Manchester City against Chelsea.