By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Volterra_90 said:

I know that not a lot of people care about Europa League, but we've just moved on to the next round against Shakhtar Donetsk! Hala Celta de Vigo! I couldn't be happier

Great news! Watched the first leg to see PP Hernández and Marcelo Díaz. Glad you guys made it!

Oh, and I feel bad for Ranieri, it's not like Leicester is a team built to have better results and he made it out alive from Sevilla in Champions League. (And criminal foul by Dele Alli) 

Around the Network

there seems to be less big teams left in the Europa League this year compared to the last few years, which is a shame

pastro243 said:
Volterra_90 said:

I know that not a lot of people care about Europa League, but we've just moved on to the next round against Shakhtar Donetsk! Hala Celta de Vigo! I couldn't be happier

Great news! Watched the first leg to see PP Hernández and Marcelo Díaz. Glad you guys made it!

Oh, and I feel bad for Ranieri, it's not like Leicester is a team built to have better results and he made it out alive from Sevilla in Champions League. (And criminal foul by Dele Alli) 

Pablo Hernandez is now probably one of if not the most important player in our team. He's truly worked hard after a difficult first year. Awesome player. Diaz is still addapting, but he made pretty good games this year. It's a shame that Orellana showed his confictive behaviour, he was doing pretty well until he screwed things off...

celador said:
there seems to be less big teams left in the Europa League this year compared to the last few years, which is a shame

Fine, more chances for Celta to win the EL haha. Ajax, OL, Man U are still very dangerous teams.

celador said:

Isn't that because the big teams actually went through the champions league instead? Man u are the only huge club but they are only in it because they failed in the league the previous season.

As long as Sevilla aren't in it, bored of them winning it.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
celador said:

Isn't that because the big teams actually went through the champions league instead? Man u are the only huge club but they are only in it because they failed in the league the previous season.

As long as Sevilla aren't in it, bored of them winning it.

Yeah can't believe they won it three years running.

That has been something I have liked this year across both competition thugh, that the Spanish teams seem less dominant. Two went out of Europa, and Barcelona are going out already too.

Still think Real Madrid will win CL though unfortunately, which is getting pretty damn boring too

Around the Network

Welp, I'll have to give my younger brother €100 if Ajax win the Europa League :p

celador said:

Yeah can't believe they won it three years running.

That has been something I have liked this year across both competition thugh, that the Spanish teams seem less dominant. Two went out of Europa, and Barcelona are going out already too.

Still think Real Madrid will win CL though unfortunately, which is getting pretty damn boring too

You never know, the dream of Leicester winning still might be real. Your more than likely right however. Unless Munich or Man City step up but English teams have that weird 'fear' of big European teams for some reason. It's odd.

Hmm, pie.

Volterra_90 said:
pastro243 said:

Pablo Hernandez is now probably one of if not the most important player in our team. He's truly worked hard after a difficult first year. Awesome player. Diaz is still addapting, but he made pretty good games this year. It's a shame that Orellana showed his confictive behaviour, he was doing pretty well until he screwed things off...

celador said:

Fine, more chances for Celta to win the EL haha. Ajax, OL, Man U are still very dangerous teams.

Díaz has a weak body and that's bad but I think he will be able to show the best of his football eventually, and it's a shame what happened with Orellana. Fun thing is that in national media some people said that the big thing Orellana did was bringing up a case where Berizzo had an affair with the wife of a chilean journalist when he was coaching in Chile. Gave it a soap opera feeling haha. 

Oh, and I think Roma are candidates too. Great campaign in Serie A and destroyed a good team like Villarreal in the first leg.

I guess it's between Real and Bayern, Juve and PSG being other good bets

The winning goal during today's Feyenoord vs PSV: https://streamable.com/kc7ce

EDIT: OH MY GOD IT'S AN OWN GOAL FROM THE GOALKEEPER!!! THE BALL NEVER CROSSED THE LINE UNTIL HE PICKED IT UP AND PUT IT TO HIS CHEST. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS