By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

I know that not a lot of people care about Europa League, but we've just moved on to the next round against Shakhtar Donetsk! Hala Celta de Vigo! I couldn't be happier

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

I know that not a lot of people care about Europa League, but we've just moved on to the next round against Shakhtar Donetsk! Hala Celta de Vigo! I couldn't be happier

That dive was spectacular :p

poklane said:
Volterra_90 said:

That dive was spectacular :p

For sure, it's impossible to deny that. But, honestly, in the first match the referee didn't see a clear penalty on Guidetti too. So we're kind of even XD. 

Volterra_90 said:

I knew you guys from a different time.

Thanks for Benny McCarthy btw...

poklane said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Poor Alkmaar! 7-1 loss, 11-2 on aggregate :O

We (the Dutch) are just fucking pathetic.

No, we (Lyon) are just awesome, that's all.

And then we'll get beaten easily in the next round :D

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Volterra_90 said:

Oh, yeah, that was an awesome match XD. That was when we normally classify for UEFA, never manage to win one though. I also remember a 4-0 win against Zidane and Ancelotti's Juventus. History owns us a trophy, ffs. This year we managed to win against Barcelona, eliminate Real Madrid on the Spanish cup and now Shakhtar. I think we can still be the surprise of this Europa League. If not, well, we'll try!

Are you a Porto supporter? McCarthy went from Celta to Porto, if I'm not mistaken XD.

Volterra_90 said:
Goatseye said:

Oh, yeah, that was an awesome match XD. That was when we normally classify for UEFA, never manage to win one though. I also remember a 4-0 win against Zidane and Ancelotti's Juventus. History owns us a trophy, ffs. This year we managed to win against Barcelona, eliminate Real Madrid on the Spanish cup and now Shakhtar. I think we can still be the surprise of this Europa League. If not, well, we'll try!

Are you a Porto supporter? McCarthy went from Celta to Porto, if I'm not mistaken XD.

Yes I am, McCarthy was an instrumental piece in our 2003 and 2004 Europe conquest. He was the type of striker we can't find nowadays.

celador said:

I just spit my coffee all over my desk because of this

Ka-pi96 said:
Faelco said:

No, we (Lyon) are just awesome, that's all.

And then we'll get beaten easily in the next round :D

huh, we got a Lyon supporter in here? Well I never knew that before

Yep, born and raised in Lyon after all ^^. 

I almost went to the stadium tonight, but thought that the game could be boring because of the win last week. I was wrong!