By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, they mean that. And those positions should be earned, not given out to people because they have the "right" gender or ethnicity or whatever.

Which is what every normal person says all the time but government love their quotas. I'm sure a successful female coach would love to be the token female coach instead of having earned their place, right?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Replay of sanchez goal against hull. Amazing finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56jgCY2Iwk

- Mod Edit, added correct video

Aleix Vidal's ankle busted and that player's leg got snapped in half against Real Madrid, both horrific injuries.

but Mod... my video was perfect. you need to see the replay of alexis goal :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJ4qsIzYrk

Warned For Spamming ~ CGI

He had it coming

Around the Network

80 mins since the goal, and not an attempt on target from Chelsea since. Hope they can get a late goal, don't want Man City getting back in the race

So I read Milan wants Lukaku and Sánchez

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich won in Ingolstadt, thanks to two very late goals. After 20 of 34 games, Bayern is a safe bet for the title, seven points ahead of Leipzig and already 15 points ahead of Frankfurt and Dortmund. Typical for Bayern, even when they don't play well, they win anyway.

Considering this is Germany we're talking about, weren't they already a safe bet for the title after 0 of 34 games?

THF, we should consider this is Bayern. They would probably end up like that in most leagues except La Liga haha

Ka-pi96 said:
pastro243 said:

THF, we should consider this is Bayern. They would probably end up like that in most leagues except La Liga haha

nah, I  don't think they would. The top English teams, Juventus and PSG would all be able to compete with them financially if they were in England, France or Italy. And if they were anywhere else then they wouldn't have the financial muscle to dominate so much anymore. The problem is that there's simply no other team in Germany that can compete with them on transfers, wages, or even chance of success so the best/most ambitious players there usually either want to go to Bayern or abroad.

That could be the case, but I still think they are half step above those clubs listed as of now. They would also benefit with even more money being on PL, but I'm not sure how it would affect. For me right now it's Real-Barca, then Bayern and then the rest. 

pastro243 said:
So I read Milan wants Lukaku and Sánchez

would be a step down for Sanchez

if he wants domestic and CL titles, he won't be getting them at AC Milan any time soon