By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Well done Portugal. Come on Fonte and Cedric.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
okr said:
Portugal has finally won an international title (not counting youth teams). Until today they were the only big football nation without a big title. These times are over. Congrats to the whole country. It was a long wait.

Message from Germany to France: Now you know how horrible it feels when you dominate a game but don't score.

I'm glad this terrible tournament is over. Only Iceland and today's result made me smile, the rest was forgettable.

Portugal      *** the amazing and worthy champions of EURO 2016 and best team in the world ***
Germany
Brazil
Spain
Italy
France
Argentina
Holland
England

These must be your "Big football nations", correct? Nine nations. Leaving out Poland, Chile and Croatia I suppose.

You forgot Uruguay, which is actually the most impressive of the big nations as the country only has only 3,3 million inhabitants, and for some unknown reason you mentioned this ex-EU member as big football nation. Chile: Not there yet, but on their way. Poland and Croatia: Two other random mentions from you which don't make sense.

the salt in the thread title... as a Portuguese, I just had to come and smile at it :)

cheers

Slimebeast said:
kirby007 said:

i did like it,  it made ajax pick up a horrible striker

What do you mean? Ajax bought a Greek player after Euro 2004?

They got Charisteas. And even though im greek and he gave us the Euro I have to agree that he was a terrible player.

okr said:
Slimebeast said:

Portugal      *** the amazing and worthy champions of EURO 2016 and best team in the world ***
Germany
Brazil
Spain
Italy
France
Argentina
Holland
England

These must be your "Big football nations", correct? Nine nations. Leaving out Poland, Chile and Croatia I suppose.

You forgot Uruguay, which is actually the most impressive of the big nations as the country only has only 3,3 million inhabitants, and for some unknown reason you mentioned this ex-EU member as big football nation. Chile: Not there yet, but on their way. Poland and Croatia: Two other random mentions from you which don't make sense.

Oh yeah, Uruguay!! Damn, I forgot them because they're not quite up there with the best today. But an extremely impressive nation both historically and in modern times. I always root for them because he is a dwarf country.

Bolded: lol
"random mentions", "don't make sense"

But they are awesome. Poland and Croatia are only slightly behind Portugal in skill right now! Why do you think they are random mentions while Chile deserves a "not there yet, but on the way"?

What's your definition of a big football nation? It's not simply to win a big tournament because in that case you wouldn't have described Chile like that, only being "on their way".  Also, you seemed to imply that Portugal was a big football nation even before the victory today. Is your definition based on a combination of current skill and historical wins or what?

Oh and I forgot Belgium! He has not won anything big, so by that definition it's not a big nation but skillwise it is.

Around the Network

You know whats funny is that the french talked so much shit about our team and were so confident that they would win and now that they lost they are salty af I mean just look at the Eiffel Tower it wasn't colored in the Portuguese colors,and according to them it's because of technical difficulties,yeah right, and if I'm not mistaken there was violence in Paris after the match, I guess karma truly is a bitch

What a sad thread title lool deal with it xD

PORTUGAL OLÊ!

Wow... the thread OP is salty or what?

Portugal european champions!!! woot woot!!

For great justice after Payet injured Ronaldo aswell!

Delighted for Portugal. They never win any major trophies. Real big underdog pre tournament.

Delighted for Ronaldo getting 1 over Messi. GOAT.

Very enjoyable euros as a spectator and a fan who went for 3 weeks.

AMAZING atmospheres at all 7 games I attended. Euro 2016 will live long in the memories!

Kerotan said:
Euro 2016 will live long in the memories!

Maybe for you but I personally didn't enjoy the tournament. Some of the games were boring, most of my predicitions were wrong, and I was beginning to fall asleep during the final. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54