By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Xevross said:
Mystro-Sama said:
France scored again lol

I wonder how much Sony is paying for these 4k ads.

Worst part is most people won't even know what 4K is because they don't mention the word TV, its a massive waste of money.

This is sadly true...

Around the Network

So that's 0+3 points for me so far. Also World Cup-ified the ol' avatar for the occasion.

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:

I hope Iraq wins tomorrow.

Sigh...

He obviously means the war against the terrorists.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
DakonBlackblade said:

The tech is capable of detecting a goal even if the ball goes in only 1 milimeter. Theres no controversy here, the ref has a divice that tells him the ball went in he then validates the goal. Props for the goal line tech this goal would have never been creditted otherwise it was pretty much impossible for a humman eye to see the ball went in.

Also screw you France I needed a fourth goal.

I am quite sure I've heard that the linesman signaled a goal, so it's very likely that the referee would have decided it was a goal. Whether or not the human eye can be this accurate is irrelevant, what matters is the perception of the referee team.

Of course he did he has a device in his wrist that tells him 0.5 seconds after the ball went it that the ball went in, theres absolutely no way in hell he saw it going in in real time, I had to see a super slow mo to notice the ball went in, it stayed in for 2/10ths of a second before the goalkeeper pulled it out, if he did score the goal without the tech hed be: 1 - doing it wrong since FIFA has instructed the refs to relly on this tech on situations like this and 2 - guessing cause he doesnt have eagle eyes he has humman eyes and humman eyes just cant see that this ball went in. 

spurgeonryan said:

Iran not  Iraq. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Spunge get serious or we get carl to ban you for trolling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

spurgeonryan said: I hope Iraq wins tomorrow.

I don't know if you do this deliberately or not. I go back and forth in my mind over many of your statements. 

spurgeonryan said:
kirby007 said:
Spunge get serious or we get carl to ban you for trolling

I do not want Iran to win. Anyways, that France/Honduras game was the best I have seen yet. Seemed crazy.

go re watch spain - ned and orangefy your avatar noob

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

spurgeonryan said:
AZWification said:
spurgeonryan said:
That France/Honduras game was brutal! Great goals though.

You all using your Wii U tvii play feature?

About that........

Well it can be fun!

Germany

USA

LOL that's so racist.

I'm so hyped for this game. I want it to start already!