By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

There was a big difference between conmebol and concacaf in this cup.

Haiti got 7 from Brazil and together with Jamaica they left without any points, Panamá recieved 5 from Argentina and 4 from Chile, Costa Rica also didn't advance (wasn't humilliated and beat Colombia though).

The big guys like México got 7 from Chile and USA now gets 4 from Argentina. Those 2 where the only ones that could make it out of their groups

Around the Network

Come on football gods let Messi finally win a major international trophy.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

I thought you were Brazilian... plot twist?

When it comes to nationalities, I'm the biggest plot twist around.

I was born in Paraguay. However, because my family is from Argentina, through a lot of document burocracy I ended up being officially Argentinian too. But I live in Brazil (Curitiba) since before my first birthday.

So essentially I'm officially an Argentinian who lives in Brazil. Though I support Argentina in football, I'd represent Brazil if I ever played Smash at an international tournament. And Paraguay, well, I pretend it doesn't exist.

About the match - damn that was the most boring 4-0 I've seen in a while.

Holy crap, that's a major plot twist indeed!

So, when Brazil is not playing against Argentina you support them, right?

morenoingrato said:
We would have put a better fight against Argentina.

Absolutely agree. I was disappointed that Ecuador fell so early.  .-.

pastro243 said:
There was a big difference between conmebol and concacaf in this cup.

Haiti got 7 from Brazil and together with Jamaica they left without any points, Panamá recieved 5 from Argentina and 4 from Chile, Costa Rica also didn't advance (wasn't humilliated and beat Colombia though).

The big guys like México got 7 from Chile and USA now gets 4 from Argentina. Those 2 where the only ones that could make it out of their groups

Yep. But the difference was not only in this cup... it's overall throughout hystory. I think it's common sense that Conmenbol teams are vastly superior when compared to Concacaf. 

Plus, between Brazil (5x), Argentina (2x) and Uruguay (2x) there are 11 world cup titles for Conmenbol while Concacaf has none.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Talal said:
Come on football gods let Messi finally win a major international trophy.

He has to let himself win it

Did anyone really think USA would win tho?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

Holy crap, that's a major plot twist indeed!

So, when Brazil is not playing against Argentina you support them, right?

Nah, I have fun seeing Brazil fail hard and actually don't care at all about supporting them. However, as a Liverpool fan, I do feel bad about Coutinho.

OMG, so mean! I love you.

Enjoy while you can, at last we hired a real coach! So maybe we'll play as a team from now on...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

vivster said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Hope that italy can deliver tomorrow a good match

They have literally nothing to lose, so they better.

That's right, but that could be the reason they don't give all

tiff3110 said:
Did anyone really think USA would win tho?

Well, usa did beat spain in 2009 when they were the best team around. They also ended up in a final against Brazil and just lost by a goal (3-2 I think), this was 2009 when Brazil was much better than now.

It would've been a miracle but there is always a possibility

Mike321 said:
USA should be glad Argentina doesn't care.

They leave all of the giving up and not caring to Mexico. Argentina was pressing throughout extra time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i'm actually a few days abroad for work so i'll have to do the manually calculatons later on

Rank Name Points
1 AUGEn 60
2 AZWification 56
3 Kapi96 53
  Rolstoppable* 53
4 Nikkom 52
5 vivster 51
6 S.Peelman 47
7 Mike 321 44
8 Anfebious 43
9 Carl2291 37
10 The Fury 36

has changed his predictions for the worse.. he'll lose some points

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)