By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

USA 0 - 1 ARG already after 3 minutes.

Around the Network

Aaaaand it's over.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

USA 0 - 2 ARG. Brilliant free kick from Messi.

USA players don't know they are playing a semifinal? Very passive, at least kick a little bit

We don't have everyone available now and I can't watch the match at the moment.

Around the Network

Surprised Arg. is winning only by two goals this ht

Argentina are brilliant, and that Messi goal...

Just hope we use subs and fight to keep it from getting away from us.

Argentina aren't even being pressed, looks like a training match

At this point USA will be ok if they don't lose by 4 or more goals.

Augen said:
Argentina are brilliant, and that Messi goal...

Just hope we use subs and fight to keep it from getting away from us.

No, they're not. Argentina is just a very good team, but far from being brilliant. Actually, their defence is pretty awkward and is pretty easy to disrupt. Even modest teams such as Chile can do that. The only brilliant aspect about them is Messi... and even him was considered to underperform for Argentina... I guess this tournament marks the first time we see Messi playing as good in Argentina as he plays for Barcelona.

If anything, it's the US that is mediocre (at best). It's rare to see such a passive team on a semifinal... but it's Copa after all I guess.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won