Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Carl2291 said:
You also have to add up just how much money has been spent in comparison to last Season.

Didnt Moyes only actually buy Fellaini?


...and Mata

Man united spending last 15 months

Moyes circa 63m

Van Gaal circe 150m

Hilarious and I still heard Man u fans singing "Chelsea rent boy" without a hint of irony that they have Falcao - the ultimate and literal rent boy.

 

 



I'm not really here!


Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Really?  After 10 games last season it was only a 3 point gap. 

But wait, it gets worse.... after 12 games last season Man U were still only 3 points behind Liverpool.... who were 2nd. They were 1 point behind City and 3 points behind Chelsea. lol.  

The results are far worse this season.  You have to take into account the unbelievably easy start they had.

No away win since April now.

In terms of results it was very similar, but it was clear last season that they were not at the same level as Liverpool or any of the other top sides. This season, they're obviously not as good as the top sides, but we're now on the same boat too.





                            

^

Liverpool are in just as much shit as Man U, going by spending. Rodgers aint got a clue.



                            

Carl2291 said:
^

Liverpool are in just as much shit as Man U, going by spending. Rodgers aint got a clue.


Nah.

Rodgers is a young mananger making his way, learning his trade and building a squad.  He also received a lot of money in for players leaving.  They spent in one year what he spent in over 2.

Van gaal and Moyes are seasoned managers who inheirted the champions, have spent the same amount in one year and have so far achieved less than Rodgers.



I'm not really here!


Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
You also have to add up just how much money has been spent in comparison to last Season.

Didnt Moyes only actually buy Fellaini?


...and Mata

Man united spending last 15 months

Moyes circa 63m

Van Gaal circe 150m

Hilarious and I still heard Man u fans singing "Chelsea rent boy" without a hint of irony that they have Falcao - the ultimate and literal rent boy.

Yeah... but Mata wasn't bought until January. Also means van Gaal's spending could increase even more... if he lasts until January



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Rodgers' spending isn't too bad. Sure they have been some bad buys in there, but there's been some good ones as well such as Sturridge.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

kowenicki said:
Moyu said:
Manchester United has gotten 13 from 9 games.

Those are 14 (fourteen) potential points down the drain.

Good Grief Van Gaal, I can hardly say you are any better than Moyes.


13 from 10 actually.  He is actually far worse than Moyes at the moment. 

Thats 17 points gone already. 

Scrapping for 4th at best which after £200m spent in the last 14 months is pathetic. No club in the history of football has spent that much.

Rojo - Crap signing, terrible player

Shaw - 30m?  lol

Falcao -  A crocked mercenary.

Di Maria - Great player... but quite poor the last two games.  Lets see how he likes the North of England in January and February.

Herrera - Too weak for the EPL.

 

 


Let's not forget about wages too.

Among Di Maria, Van Persie, Falcao and Rooney, Man United is currently spending above £1 million EVERY WEEK IN THOSE 4 players ALONE.

So much money and yet they are still far worse than they were last season, what a joke.

The worst part? They don't have Champions League football this season which means they've had a better schedule (in terms of fitness) than most teams above them and yet Van Gaal is still struggling.



Moyu said:
kowenicki said:
Moyu said:
Manchester United has gotten 13 from 9 games.

Those are 14 (fourteen) potential points down the drain.

Good Grief Van Gaal, I can hardly say you are any better than Moyes.


13 from 10 actually.  He is actually far worse than Moyes at the moment. 

Thats 17 points gone already. 

Scrapping for 4th at best which after £200m spent in the last 14 months is pathetic. No club in the history of football has spent that much.

Rojo - Crap signing, terrible player

Shaw - 30m?  lol

Falcao -  A crocked mercenary.

Di Maria - Great player... but quite poor the last two games.  Lets see how he likes the North of England in January and February.

Herrera - Too weak for the EPL.

 

 


Let's not forget about wages too.

Among Di Maria, Van Persie, Falcao and Rooney, Man United is currently spending above £1 million EVERY WEEK IN THOSE 4 players ALONE.

So much money and yet they are still far worse than they were last season, what a joke.

The worst part? They don't have Champions League football this season which means they've had a better schedule (in terms of fitness) than most teams above them and yet Van Gaal is still struggling.

Any 3 of them takes it over 1m per week actually, you dont need the 4.  Not only dont they have champions league, they are also out of the league cup already. 

They are going to play the least amount of games any Man United team has ever played in Premier league history.

Worst start since 1986.



I'm not really here!


Another stat for you....

The Man U starting XI was the most expensive XI in prem league history.

The XI put out by Manchester United was the most expensive starting line-up ever fielded in the Premier League. As Noel Gallagher said on TV before the game “United have the hypocrisy to talk about City’s money when it’s raining tenners there.” Another rock-and-roll figure having his say before the game was David Moyes: he defended the expenditure on £28-million Marouane Fellaini, who he says is coming good at Old Trafford. Kind of. £241m for that team. Hope they kept the receipt.



I'm not really here!