By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
archbrix said:

EDIT: Nvm, just saw your post above, although calling him a dumbass just for asking for proof is uncalled-for.

he called me an asshole first.

Around the Network
gladiator said:

he called me an asshole first.

Yeah, I edited my post after seeing that.  Sorry.

So the wii U isn't more powerful than the ps4 and X1 after all

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

gladiator said:

i was looking at the full resolution pics from the digitail foundry article, and holy hell is the game ugly when your not moving fast, the image quality and jaggies are just sad.

Seriously? Im not seeing any problems. Im getting a WiiU in the future. Ill be getting this game. Oh yeaaaaaa

Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Battlefield 3, Ratchet and Clank,Bioshock Infinite,Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light are just a few of the games on the list you provided that are sub 720 and still considered great looking games by most people.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
gladiator said:

i was looking at the full resolution pics from the digitail foundry article, and holy hell is the game ugly when your not moving fast, the image quality and jaggies are just sad.

Seriously? Im not seeing any problems. Im getting a WiiU in the future. Ill be getting this game. Oh yeaaaaaa

Have you looked at them at full screen? Maybe you'll notice something then. Let me help you

This is not magnified. This is 1:1 cropped from a 1080p screen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
TheSting said:
gladiator said:

Have you looked at them at full screen? Maybe you'll notice something then. Let me help you

This is not magnified. This is 1:1 cropped from a 1080p screen.

Does it look like that in motion?

The "10%" can still be considered a lot, it is more than a few games after all. Over 700 games available for ps3/360, 10% while a small precentage of those games is 70+ games.

Some good looking games were sub 720 also, like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3 and Red Dead Redemption.

TheSting said:
Does it look like that in motion?

Probably worse since you will see the stairs flicker thanks to no AA.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KoopaKid said:
I guess artistic style trumps realisim i dont understand why people want real in video games dont we want a break from real life and the graphics whores are killing this gen i give 2 craps about graphics all about gameplay halo 2 looks terrible compared to today but i still love it for gameplay

Here's a mental exercise - imagine another version of this game, with the same art style, but on PS4 grade hardware. Would the gameplay be any better? No. Would it look (much) better? Yes.

Which version do you prefer?

Bottom line is, while gfx technical shortcomings of MK8 are nothing to be to bothered much about (at least for me), better hardware would surely provide for more enjoyable experience.