By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
bubblegamer said:
daredevil.shark said:
I certainly recall some people spamming in ps4 / x1 thread, "Mk8 runs 1080p @60 fps.

As do i. The same ones are saying it doesn't matter now. Funny times, eh!

Please don't point that. They are just some disoriented Nintendo fans that should be brainwashed again.

Gameplay is first.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
vivster said:
gladiator said:

i was looking at the full resolution pics from the digitail foundry article, and holy hell is the game ugly when your not moving fast.

That's what I've been saying all along. It looks amazing... if you look at the tiny screens and videos. Once you blow it up on a big 1080p screen it rears its ugly head.

But most people who praise the game's visuals don't bother doing that.

I was looking at the full resolution pics, and I get that stuff like this will show when blown up on a big screen. But will it be an issue? I don't know. I'm not going to be playing the game standing 18 inches away from that screen.

Scrutinise anything hard enough and there will be holes to pick - me, I'll reserve my judgement until I put the disc into my Wii U.

Pavolink said:
bubblegamer said:
daredevil.shark said:
I certainly recall some people spamming in ps4 / x1 thread, "Mk8 runs 1080p @60 fps.

Please don't point that. They are just some disoriented Nintendo fans that should be brainwashed again.

Gameplay is first.

Gameplay always comes first. But some people spammed those messages in threads where we are talking about "technical standpoint of view" and we clearly know wii u isnt the powerhouse. Their immature behavior is really annoying.

1080p seemed like wishful thinking from the start, but both sides are making this a bigger deal than it should be. Overly aggressive Nintendo fans shouldn't have been gloating and touting the 1080p, 60fps stuff, and using this new-found information to rub it in their faces isn't much better. A shame that gaming has turned more into a competition between console fanboys trying to one-up each other than just enjoying games on their own merits. Also, let's face it. The Wii U isn't going to be able to achieve the same level of graphics as the PS4 or Xbone. That doesn't mean you need to constantly defend it. I love my Wii U despite it's shortcomings and don't feel the need to try to jab at the PS4 or Xbone to justify purchase to myself and others.

Then again, resolution and graphics have never been a big deal to me. I still play my PS2 more than any other home console. Jaggies be damned.

Hedra42 said:
vivster said:
gladiator said:

i was looking at the full resolution pics from the digitail foundry article, and holy hell is the game ugly when your not moving fast.

That's what I've been saying all along. It looks amazing... if you look at the tiny screens and videos. Once you blow it up on a big 1080p screen it rears its ugly head.

But most people who praise the game's visuals don't bother doing that.

I was looking at the full resolution pics, and I get that stuff like this will show when blown up on a big screen. But will it be an issue? I don't know. I'm not going to be playing the game standing 18 inches away from that screen.

Scrutinise anything hard enough and there will be holes to pick - me, I'll reserve my judgement until I put the disc into my Wii U.

Having a sizable library of PS3 games I don't have to wait to see how it will look like on my tv. There are plenty of examples for games with 720p and no AA. TLOU had 720p with very weak AA and I hated it for that(the game was great but it was held back by hardare limitations). Now MK presents us the whole thing without AA. My standards did not deminish over the past year so MK8 has to go up against that. Weak or nonexistant AA were the reasons why I never could get into Darksiders or Dragon's Dogma.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
daredevil.shark said:

Name them. Was there alot or something? Or just maybe 3-5 people? Cuz last i checked this happens almost everywhere

Crazy that Nintendo didn't put a little more effort into the game consdering it's up to them to show the power of the WiiU.

Zekkyou said:
zippy said:
So wii u is on par with ps4 because they have trouble with 1080p 60 fps

That makes literally no sense :P

Im drunk so it makes perfect sense to me, thats all that matters :p

zippy said:
Zekkyou said:
zippy said:
So wii u is on par with ps4 because they have trouble with 1080p 60 fps

That makes literally no sense :P

Im drunk so it makes perfect sense to me, thats all that matters :p

Haha, fair enough! xD