By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

Lawlight said:
Yes, Sony wins by default. 82M PS3s sold despite doing everything wrong last gen says it all.

Losing to the Wii says it all. lol

Around the Network

No since Nintendo won with both the Wii and the DS.

Lawlight said:
Yes, Sony wins by default. 82M PS3s sold despite doing everything wrong last gen says it all.

They lost last gen though, so in a way its going to be a tie vs nintendo if you count HH :0  

Sony Domination: PS1>N64  PS2>GCN  PS4>WiiU

Nintendonation:  Wii>PS3    DS>PSP   3DS>Vita

EVERYBODY IS A WINNER....... Oh Forgot MS :P (i kid, i kid!)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
think-man said:
PigPen said:

Right, they used their paycuts to pay for E3.

Oh it makes so much sense to me now :O thank you for your amazing logic. I'll stop by more often and get daily doses of your amazing logic.

If this guy isnt trolling he must really, really be like under the age of 18.

No he's 35, Trust me, I have my sources

some will say the PS3 is the exception, but look at the games that released on the 3 that made them different than MS.

Sony made more creative/innovative games. hell n short their games were just different from the comp. while Sony did have sequels, the diversity n thier games remained a constent.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
bubblegamer said:
When it comes to consoles, so far the PS3 has been the only exception to this rule. And even that will change in a couple of years time.

Um, how will it change when it sells only 40k a week? Wii won last gen in profits and consoles sold.

Even if PS3>Wii, i dont think it wins solely on the fact of wats important to the company themselves... $$$$$$$$. PS3 can sell 125mil, it still loses only cuz of how much Sony lost while Nintendo profited a shit ton.

I dont have numbers, would be cool to compare

1 note.

n a sense all 3 took losses last gen. it's how they started out when the consoles launched. while a lose is a lose, it's not a losee cuz of wht u've failed to make back. it's a lose because Sony didn't come n first place.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
tbone51 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
bubblegamer said:
When it comes to consoles, so far the PS3 has been the only exception to this rule. And even that will change in a couple of years time.

Um, how will it change when it sells only 40k a week? Wii won last gen in profits and consoles sold.

Even if PS3>Wii, i dont think it wins solely on the fact of wats important to the company themselves... $$$$$$$$. PS3 can sell 125mil, it still loses only cuz of how much Sony lost while Nintendo profited a shit ton.

1 note.

n a sense all 3 took losses last gen. it's how they started out when the consoles launched. while a lose is a lose, it's not a losee cuz of wht u've failed to make back. it's a lose because Sony didn't come n first place.

I might of misread this so correct me if im wrong! Ok, I think its good wat ps3 sold but i think a company rather have sold 30mil HW and make huge profits off of software and no losses on Hardware than that wat sony did with ps3 last gen.

tbone51 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
tbone51 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
bubblegamer said:

1 note.

I might of misread this so correct me if im wrong! Ok, I think its good wat ps3 sold but i think a company rather have sold 30mil HW and make huge profits off of software and no losses on Hardware than that wat sony did with ps3 last gen.

u my friend r right, but u know this business. u take your victories where u can, and all 3 did. MS stuck to it's shooters, Ninty made a casual console, and while Ninty did create innovative ways to play games with classic characters. Sony made the innovative games, and closed a 9-7 (it's been a while i'm not around much these days so i can't remeber how big the gap was lol) gap to just barely take second place and lose the 7th gen war n more ways then 1.

financial lose

lose 1st place

wasn't the lead dev. console

lost exclusive parners. infact Sony was the only console maker to lose exclusive partners i think.

o yea, had crappyer ports games.

they also lost the 3rd party graphic's war. and the software sales war? yea Sony lost more then the other 2, but the other 2 didn't learn from Sonys mistakes lol.

Sony wanted the market share, which is all i got from thier actions. it seems to me that the console maker with the biggest ego losses.

PigPen said:
think-man said:
PigPen said:
Nintendo and Microsoft has capital (money). I'm actually surprise that Sony is attending E3. Simply put, Nintendo and Microsoft can change its outcome but it's going to take money. Sony has third party developers in its back pocket. Microsoft needs to fallow Nintendo lead with exclusives. Nintendo is doing it big with exclusives and it will only get better. That's out of Sony's league right now.

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Sony CEO announce pay cuts.  I think it's stupid they are going to E3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-29-nintendo-boss-iwata-halves-pay-miyamotos-wage-cut-too

This stuff happens when companies underperform.  So stop posting stupid shit please.

bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
bubblegamer said:

The PS3 will not catch the Wii " in a couple years" or ever sales have dropped off already a lot.

Even so, it still will.

OK keep telling yourself that, whatever helps you sleep at night. The Wii is still about 10,000 a week and the PS3 sells about 40,000, its only gaining 30,000 a week and its 20 million behind. Do the math how many years will that take?