By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rant Enclosed

If I piss anyone off, I apologize. I'm trying to not be biased. If anyone disagrees, please post your view.  It's just, liking Nintendo at my school seems to be a crime...

Anyway, let me begin my rant.

I'm sick and tired of all the insults Nintendo is getting because it's too "kiddy". I'm just, confused as fuck. How is that company "kiddy"? Sure it releasesgamesthat may look kiddy, but, whoa, wait. Is it so bad that they are making games for all age groups to enjoy? I guess that means it's "kiddy". For instance, Super Mario 64. Probably one of the best games of all time. Just because of how the graphics look cartoonish doesn't mean it's a game for young children. It's gameplay and level design were enjoyed by young kids, teenagers, and even young adults. Just because all of Nintendo's games doesn't have blood, gore, and sex, that doesn't mean it's a "kiddy" company. But, to prove that Nintendo does release some "mature" games, ever heard of Resident Evil? You shoot zombies heads off. That gory enough for you? Red Steel? Goldeneye 64? Perfect Dark 64? These are some of the best first-person shooters and are known all over the world. Now, last time I checked, shooting people is pretty mature. Now...some of the more recent stuff...

The Nintendo Wii. "OMG NINTENDO IS TRYING TO PROMOTE FAMILY GAMING HOW GAY IS THAT!!!!" Yeah, I've heard so many comments like that. What the hell is wrong with Nintendo trying to promote family's playing video games together? I think it's terrific. I remember when I played my first video game back when the Super Nintendo came out. Now, my mom didn't buy it for me, but, herself. She also got Super Mario World for it and beat half of it before she had to go to work full time and didn't have time to play it. I think it's awesome that my mother had gotten me into video games. I think it's pretty sweet how Nintendo has opened the gap in the age group for video games from not just 5-25 but to 5-60. Now, I'm still confused how this is stupid. Oh wait, we have the idiotic Sony and Microsoft fanboys who only play games that are for "serious gamers". I'm fucking tired of hearing that word. "Serious gamers". As if Nintendo gamers are not serious. How the hell does playing Halo make you a serious gamer? It doesn't. It's a FPS for jocks. And Playstation? Haha, your top most sold games are Grandtheft Auto. The shit that causes people to blame video games for violence. [Which I'm completely against, but, we'll discuss that later]. All of you "serious" gamers should shut the fuck up. The original Super Mario Bros. received better reviews and is more well known then most of your games. Now, to be fair to both sides, I do enjoy many XBox games such as Bioshock and Assassins Creed. And the original Halo was good. Halo 2 and 3 were pretty weak. And for Playstation, all of the console specific games never interested me. But I have heard good reviews for FFVII. But, moving on to my final point. Nintendo is not just for kids. It's for any age group. ANY. It's not limited. Super Mario Bros. is a game that a 5 year old can play and a game a 30 year old can play. With franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Super Smash, Pikmin, Resident Evil, and many more, Nintendo is a gaming company for everyone. So, everyone out there who keeps insulting Nintendo for it's reach to all age groups should grow the fuck up.

Hm..while I'm at it...I'll do one more rant that bothers me..

Graphics and Processing Power.

The Playstation has like, what, 8 cores? And the 360 has an amazing graphics card? So the fuck what? If I want beastly graphics or cpu, I'd get a computer. Just because the console has good graphics doesn't mean it has good games on it. Lets look at the Nintendo 64:
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time is considered the best video game of all time for it's detailed plot, amazing characters, and intricate dungeon design. It is known as the best single player game of all time. Now, keep in mind that the graphics in that game were not "top-notch", but, wait, it's considered the best game of all time? NO WAI. Game play, Plot Design, Characters, and Replay value are what makes a game. Not how awesome the graphics are. All of you who just buy the Playstation 3 because it has a Blue-ray reader or someshit are just idiots. That console costs ~$600 just for some graphics add on. It doesn't matter how good the graphics are. It has not and never will. Now, Final Fantasy VII is also a well known game and probably also one of the best games ever. And if you take a look at it, it doesn't have the best graphics either. Getting the connection here? doubleplusübergraphics != a good game. So, all of you people bragging that graphics are all that need to also shut the fuck up. Also, the graphics on the Wii look ridiculous. I don't get how they're any different then the PS3 or 360. It's because the Wii has games with a more cartoony design to the characters and settings, so, they don't look as "realistic", but, who cares. Resident Evil 4 has some of the best graphics I've ever seen.

Blah. I'm getting tired. I could go on and on, but, I believe I've made my point. All of you Nintendo haters out there can shut the hell up and grow up. Nintendo is for everyone and all of you people who go "Nintendo is gay!!!", you are all immature douchebags who need to grow up.

Around the Network

Even the best are hated.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Well I didn't get through it all... but I noticed a bit of 1984 doublespeak in there

Also family gaming is cool, especially now that most of my friends are not into games anymore, so most of my multiplayer is with family.

i found the best way to respond like this is to say ''whats that over there?" then sucker punch them in the mouth when they look away

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Well, the Wii is kiddy. Just look at kid Link. He's like 10 years old in half his games!

Freakin' kids.

Around the Network

Feel better? Two Words

All I can say here is my girlfriend likes playing the wii. She doesn't like the 360, and has never tried the ps3. Anytime one can get a girlfriend who doesn't play games to like a console they can be easily defended imo.

i dont think  nitendo mind all the kids loving the wii. they worth more than sony now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
i dont think nitendo mind all the kids loving the wii. they worth more than sony now.

...what? -doesn't comprehend what you just said-

Well, well. Welcome to VGChartz.