By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
tehsage said:
fkusumot said:

Well, well. Welcome to VGChartz.

-tries to decide if any sarcasm is in the above statement-

Thanks?

You are very welcome. Glad to see your sarcasm detector is working.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
tehsage said:
makingmusic476 said:
Well, the Wii is kiddy. Just look at kid Link. He's like 10 years old in half his games!

Freakin' kids.

Kid Link doesn't star in any Wii games to my knowledge yet...

Well...Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but, Adult Link is also thar.

I was being mildly sarcastic.

I don't know if you noticed, but I love Nintendo, especially the Legend of Zelda.

*points at sig and avatar*

Ah. XD Over looked that. Heh. I to love the Legend of Zelda. 

fkusumot said:
tehsage said:
fkusumot said:

Thanks?

Yes, it's working rather well. xD

tehsage said:
makingmusic476 said:
Okay, I just read your last paragraph, and it urged me to make a serious response.

You can't say that graphics aren't important at all. Would you want Mario Galaxy to look like the original Super Mario Bros., so long as you could still jump around planets and walk on ceilings? Gameplay may be important, but good graphics can make a gaming experience far more enjoyable.

Also, processing power, ram, etc. have a serious impact on gameplay potential as well as graphics. There is a reason that the Wii version of the Force Unleashed doesn't have destructible environments to the extent of the ps3/360/pc versions, including metal that bends like metal.

Alright. You made a point which I ignored when writing this. Sorry T_T.

Graphics do play an important part of the game. However, judgeing a game based on its graphics is stupid in my mind, which is what I hear a lot.

While that is true, how destructable the environment is isn't what I'd be paying attention to the most. If the weak processer had affected the plot/story line, then I'd be a bit bothered.

But when a game's gameplay revolves primarily around said destructive environment... 

tehsage said:
fkusumot said:
tehsage said:
fkusumot said:

Thanks?

Yes, it's working rather well. xD

It certainly is, hehe.

Around the Network

You are 15, I am really not that surprised.

13-17 is when most kids think they know everything, and are most subject to peer pressure, so if a group of 15yo Sony fans talk to you they are unlikely to say anything positive about anything but Sony, and they will not listen to you if you are talking good about Nintendo... the same goes for fans of either of the other two companies at that age... however mid-teen Nintendo fans are just more scarce.

makingmusic476 said:
tehsage said:
makingmusic476 said:
Okay, I just read your last paragraph, and it urged me to make a serious response.

You can't say that graphics aren't important at all. Would you want Mario Galaxy to look like the original Super Mario Bros., so long as you could still jump around planets and walk on ceilings? Gameplay may be important, but good graphics can make a gaming experience far more enjoyable.

Also, processing power, ram, etc. have a serious impact on gameplay potential as well as graphics. There is a reason that the Wii version of the Force Unleashed doesn't have destructible environments to the extent of the ps3/360/pc versions, including metal that bends like metal.

Graphics do play an important part of the game. However, judgeing a game based on its graphics is stupid in my mind, which is what I hear a lot.

While that is true, how destructable the environment is isn't what I'd be paying attention to the most. If the weak processer had affected the plot/story line, then I'd be a bit bothered.

But when a game's gameplay revolves primarily around said destructive environment...

True. You've made a good point. I haven't played that game yet. And if according to you, it does make a big difference, I'd probably buy it for my 360 which hasn't had any action for a bit since I beat Bioshock...

TWRoO said:
You are 15, I am really not that surprised.

13-17 is when most kids think they know everything, and are most subject to peer pressure, so if a group of 15yo Sony fans talk to you they are unlikely to say anything positive about anything but Sony, and they will not listen to you if you are talking good about Nintendo... the same goes for fans of either of the other two companies at that age... however mid-teen Nintendo fans are just more scarce.

This doesn't change anything, but, I'm actually 16. I have no idea why my profile says 15...

Anyway, you're right for the most part. It's just rather annoying walking to class with a Nintendo shirt on and hearing "DUDE SONY KICKS NINTENDOS ASS" etc. All of my friends who like Nintendo generally don't go starting stuff with people who like other consoles. But, from what I've seen, all the Sony fans around where I live are complete jerks. Even my girlfriends father. T_T

tehsage said:
makingmusic476 said:
tehsage said:
makingmusic476 said:

True. You've made a good point. I haven't played that game yet. And if according to you, it does make a big difference, I'd probably buy it for my 360 which hasn't had any action for a bit since I beat Bioshock...

Edit:

Go here and watch the developer interview. You should find it quite interesting. :)

Edit again:

Whoops, wrong video.  Go here and watch  the "Unleashing the Tech" video. 

I think that is just people being ignorant and not open to something different.

@making music you link doesn't work.

edit nvm