By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What system is getting is getting the Persona 5 port?

Tagged games:

Which will be getting P5?

PS4 41 41.41%

Vita 58 58.59%

Total:99
gooch_destroyer said:
spemanig said:
LordPhil said:
spemanig said:

Atlus, Xseed, SCEE, SCEJ, Arc system Works, Bamco?

Obviously somebody is supporting the Vita, just like somebody is supporting the Wii U and somebody will support the PS4 in Japan.

Around the Network

A) Persona 4 was released at the end of the PS2 era just like Persona 5 now will release at the end of the PS3 era.
B) Persona 3-4 were never ported to the PS3, only to the PSP and Vita.

A+B doesn't lead to believe that Persona 5 will be ported to the PS4. As such, why are so many people saying that the PS4 will receive a port ? Blindfaith ? Ignorance ? Yet to be explained arguments ?

gooch_destroyer said:
spemanig said:
LordPhil said:
spemanig said:

Considering the way this gen's started in Japan, the chickens have already hatched, and subsequently died.

With that logic, no developer should've ever supported the ps3 and Vita. Both were "dead" for awhile after they launched. 

This isn't a question of should they, it's will they. And who's supporting the Vita again?

Atlus, Xseed, SCEE, SCEJ, Arc system Works, Bamco?

What some fail to realize is regardless of the fact the Vita is struggling in hardware sales, it is excelling in software.

-Games that are already built for PS3 and PS4 can so very easily be moved to Vita development that the cost to port is about zilch.

-Vita owners are also very hungry for games and have a outrageous attach rate for a userbase so small.

-Persona 4 Golden is Vita's top selling title in Japan(or at least was at sometime) and has sold more than the original title did I think on the PS2. 

-Handhelds are more successful than Consoles in Japan, especially where RPGs are concerned.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

spemanig said:
DerNebel said:

Because Persona sells just as much in the west as it does in Japan, at least according to this site, and in the west the PS4 is vastly more popular than the PS Vita.

Also your whole dooming of the PS4 in Japan is still hilariously premature, it'll probably not sell as much as the PS3 but it will still sell more than enough for a game like Persona to do its average ~300k in Japan, most Japanese third parties only need that much to comfortably break even, so you can be pretty sure that they'll develop for the PS4, Sony always manages to get the third parties on board.

The Vita was in a similar situation the PS4 is in, it just didn't have many games that appeal to the japanese audience at the beginning of its life, and just like the PS4 the Vita also had very slow sales at that time. But as soon as the third parties games started coming (which according to your logic shouldn't have happened from the beginning, after all the 3DS was crushing the Vita), sales started getting better and the exact same thing is going to happen with the PS4 in 2015-2016.

The Vita wasn't a home console. Wishful thinking.

That is completely irrelevant. Also what is wishful thinking? That the PS4 is going to get third party support? That the PS4s sales are going to get better?

Seriously, you're ridiculously keen on dooming the PS4 in Japan, I mean what the heck would people be buying the console in Japan for right now?

Persona 4 Golden sold well on the PS Vita even with the low userbase so I think the port will be for the PS Vita (and by that time the user base will be higher especially in Japan)

Around the Network
spemanig said:
LordPhil said:

With that logic, no developer should've ever supported the ps3 and Vita. Both were "dead" for awhile after they launched. 

This isn't a question of should they, it's will they. And who's supporting the Vita again?

I could compile a list of third party devs, but there are enough on the vita. SAO released not too long ago. And Japan Studio has been supporting it for a while now. 

Will they port P5, idk. But Sony should make an effort to have more Japanese games on their system. 

DerNebel said:
spemanig said:
DerNebel said:

Because Persona sells just as much in the west as it does in Japan, at least according to this site, and in the west the PS4 is vastly more popular than the PS Vita.

Also your whole dooming of the PS4 in Japan is still hilariously premature, it'll probably not sell as much as the PS3 but it will still sell more than enough for a game like Persona to do its average ~300k in Japan, most Japanese third parties only need that much to comfortably break even, so you can be pretty sure that they'll develop for the PS4, Sony always manages to get the third parties on board.

The Vita was in a similar situation the PS4 is in, it just didn't have many games that appeal to the japanese audience at the beginning of its life, and just like the PS4 the Vita also had very slow sales at that time. But as soon as the third parties games started coming (which according to your logic shouldn't have happened from the beginning, after all the 3DS was crushing the Vita), sales started getting better and the exact same thing is going to happen with the PS4 in 2015-2016.

The Vita wasn't a home console. Wishful thinking.

That is completely irrelevant. Also what is wishful thinking? That the PS4 is going to get third party support? That the PS4s sales are going to get better?

Seriously, you're ridiculously keen on dooming the PS4 in Japan, I mean what the heck would people be buying the console in Japan for right now?

It's completely relevant.

Western games? Because not every single Japanese gamer is a statistic. There's an exeption to everything. Why are people buying a 360 in japan right now. I'm not dooming the PS4 in Japan; Japan is.

spemanig said:
DerNebel said:

Western games? Because not every single Japanese gamer is a statistic. There's an exeption to everything. Why are people buying a 360 in japan right now. I'm not dooming the PS4 in Japan; Japan is.

Gee and there aren't people doing that? I mean is the PS4 selling literally nothing in Japan?

Japan isn't dooming the PS4, they're just not buying it without compelling software.

Luck said:
A) Persona 4 was released at the end of the PS2 era just like Persona 5 now will release at the end of the PS3 era.
B) Persona 3-4 were never ported to the PS3, only to the PSP and Vita.

A+B doesn't lead to believe that Persona 5 will be ported to the PS4. As such, why are so many people saying that the PS4 will receive a port ? Blindfaith ? Ignorance ? Yet to be explained arguments ?

Nor does it lead to it being ported to the Vita.

Considering the fact that the PS4 is  more powerful than the PS3, the architecture is close to that of PC

Porting cost can't be that high, to offset profit.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DerNebel said:
spemanig said:
DerNebel said:

Gee and there aren't people doing that? I mean is the PS4 selling literally nothing in Japan?

Japan isn't dooming the PS4, they're just not buying it without compelling software.

They're not buying it without a handheld form factor. Consumers don't care about immediate "compelling software" or the PS4 and XBO would be selling like the Wii U in the west.