By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 online..........................................Possible

Supermariogalaxy(the member) came up with the idea of prime 3 getting online multiplayer through the upcoming downloadable content for the wii in another thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18323&start=50#end.

I would like to extend this idea.

Not only could multiplayer online be added local multiplayer could also be added. This means mp3 would have some form of multiplayer and it would boost the sales for mp3. The online could consist of all of the docks on the planets. This would provide a different online experience with the levels being huge. There could also be levels designed just for online. Weapon upgrades and powerups could be located all over the level and when you die you lose all of them. The people you get to be are dark samus,samus,rundus,gayandrana(h/e you spell it) and ghor. It could be kinda like hunters online but a little different.

This could be provided through an updated download or a disc. You would have to pay for the update but it also gives people who don't want online or multiplayer a choice to spend less.

If you want to add anything please do.

This could also work for other games with online potential.  

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Supermariogalaxy(the member) came up with the idea of prime 3 getting online multiplayer through the upcoming downloadable content for the wii in another thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18323&start=50#end.

I would like to extend this idea.

Not only could multiplayer online be added local multiplayer could also be added. This means mp3 would have some form of multiplayer and it would boost the sales for mp3. The online could consist of all of the docks on the planets. This would provide a different online experience with the levels being huge. There could also be levels designed just for online. Weapon upgrades and powerups could be located all over the level and when you die you lose all of them. The people you get to be are dark samus,samus,rundus,gayandrana(h/e you spell it) and ghor. It could be kinda like hunters online but a little different.

This could be provided through an updated download or a disc. You would have to pay for the update but it also gives people who don't want online or multiplayer a choice to spend less.

If you want to add anything please do.

Not gonna happen. I'm pretty sure a game has to have the ability to add expansions, and further more Nintendo just isn't going to do it. If they did anything they would just make a new game for wii in the vein of Metroid Prime Hunters and sell it for 50 dollars rather than make an expansion that takes up most of your flash drive for a game that is already 6 months old, and be much older by the time they make DLC. It's a pipe dream pal.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

sorry, but multiplayer online is too big for a simple download on Wii's limited memory.

@ The_vagabond I think by the time nintendo releases DLC there is going to be some new form of memory. It would be a good decision to do this after metroid prime 3 sales die because people would be interested. But chances are likely it won't happen. Maybe in the next 3d metroid.

@ superchunk I said it could be on a disc.

If it's on a disk, why is downloadable content necessary for this? It's just not going to happen.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

^ Good Point downloadable content is needed for updates on maps and other things. These updates won't take up much if that is what you are going to bring up.

I'd be perfectly happy to see a Metroid Prime Multiplayer standalone game that can use the save game data for Metroid Prime 3 in order to unlock extra features. It shouldn't be made too expensive though.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

At that point (new disc, multiplayer, DLC), wouldn't this be a new MPH instead of MP3 Dlc?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Metroid Prime 3 can't go online.

The developers used a trick where the character becomes a detail-less box model when the player is in the first-person perspective to save rendering overhead. Online MP3 would be like playing a shooter featuring the Fighting Polygon Team.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Metroid Prime 3 can't go online.

The developers used a trick where the character becomes a detail-less box model when the player is in the first-person perspective to save rendering overhead. Online MP3 would be like playing a shooter featuring the Fighting Polygon Team.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.