By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 online..........................................Possible

It's not that we don't want MP3 online, that would be cool. But it has absolutely no chance whatsoever of happening in the manner you describe, or at all for that matter. It simply isn't possible.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Metroid Prime 3 can't go online.

The developers used a trick where the character becomes a detail-less box model when the player is in the first-person perspective to save rendering overhead. Online MP3 would be like playing a shooter featuring the Fighting Polygon Team.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Get used to it.

The_vagabond7 said:

It's not that we don't want MP3 online, that would be cool. But it has absolutely no chance whatsoever of happening in the manner you describe, or at all for that matter.

I didn't bring the thread back WoW did. Its possible but not likely. Maybe they wanted the game to be released in all regions before working on online. Its only bee n released in others for a few months.

Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Metroid Prime 3 can't go online.

The developers used a trick where the character becomes a detail-less box model when the player is in the first-person perspective to save rendering overhead. Online MP3 would be like playing a shooter featuring the Fighting Polygon Team.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Get used to it.

Never mind after re reading it I understand. Well then I guess they would have to patch that for online.

No actually it's not possible, like words of wisdom said, it's just not in the programming.They would have to create an entirely separate game that would be far larger than 512MB to create an online battle mode. It's not just a simple matter of DL a couple of stages and BAM MP3 online battlemode.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

*CRIES* I was just suggesting something....That MP3 is old excuse is stupid....Lair is old, but is getting a big update.....

@WordsofWisdom

Well I guess they are going to have to write alot more code to make it REAL 3D models...

The_vagabond7 said:
No actually it's not possible, like words of wisdom said, it's just not in the programming.They would have to create an entirely separate game that would be far larger than 512MB to create an online battle mode. It's not just a simple matter of DL a couple of stages and BAM MP3 online battlemode.

That is why a disc could be an option if we don't have a solution to the memory problem. How many times would I have to say this. I think it could be easily patched. Also it doesn't have to have the same graphics as the game has in single player because nobody would care too much about that in multiplayer. I would be happy with an online metroid wiiware game. Also if what WoW says is true why do npcs look full. They would only have to change samus. 

Fine, I'll let you guys dream. But it simply can't happen via DLC, and there is 0% chance that it will happen. But go ahead, have fun, tell each other what a great idea it is, and how it would be easy, and we'll probably see it sometime before christmas.

So this thread could go back on topic now. So does anybody have any ideas on what the online could be like if they made it.

Yes, like MPH

It's a technical impossibility, however, as was exhaustively explained above/

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.