By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 12 GB Sold Out at Major Retailers Online. Possible Sign of an E3 Announcement?

novasonic said:
Sony has spent enough on PS3 R&D. 3 versions of a home console is embarrassing enough. Any more and they're getting into Genesis levels of ridiculous.

Ya know there is 3 versions of the Wii and 360 out there too? well at the very least I mean just externally, not including all of the mother board changes to the early models of 360s?

Original Wii > Wii family edition (no gamecube panel or support) and the Wii Mini

Xbox360 arcade/pro/elite > Xbox360 S (or the slim model as it's know > Xbox 360 E ( the version with a similar look to the X1)

I guess all us console fans should be embarrassed for whichever system we like huh?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
novasonic said:
Sony has spent enough on PS3 R&D. 3 versions of a home console is embarrassing enough. Any more and they're getting into Genesis levels of ridiculous.

Ya know there is 3 versions of the Wii and 360 out there too? well at the very least I mean just externally, not including all of the mother board changes to the early models of 360s?

Original Wii > Wii family edition (no gamecube panel or support) and the Wii Mini

Xbox360 arcade/pro/elite > Xbox360 S (or the slim model as it's know > Xbox 360 E ( the version with a similar look to the X1)

I guess all us console fans should be embarrassed for whichever system we like huh?

If we're going to count every single difference as a new version, then there's 3 Wiis and dozens of PS3s and 360s. I was talking more the appearance of the console when it's sitting on the TV stand. Wii has 2, 360 has 3, and PS3 already has 3. Having 4 or 5 like the OP stated, would be too much.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

kowenicki said:

Mistake Number 1:  Using VGC sales to compare PS3 and 360

Mistake Number 2: Not looking at actual Shipment data. VERY illuminating if you can be arsed doing some research.

Mistake Number 3: Calling me a fanboy.

Lol, you could have spared us the last one :P

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

It would benefit the PS3 with another revision because the super-slim was aesthetically unpleasing and probably turned off a lot of consumers. Not saying that PS3 sales will skyrocket if a new "slim" is released, but regardless, it will help somewhat. Not to mention, it'll help reduce manufacturing costs and give a wider profit margin.

So hrm ...

PS3 mini with 32GB storage for $179.99? Wouldn't be too bad I don't think. They could throw in a free game or something too.

Around the Network

The PS3 12 GB costs around 130 right now, so why would 32 GB for 180 make any sense?

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

novasonic said:
ganoncrotch said:
novasonic said:

If we're going to count every single difference as a new version, then there's 3 Wiis and dozens of PS3s and 360s. I was talking more the appearance of the console when it's sitting on the TV stand. Wii has 2, 360 has 3, and PS3 already has 3. Having 4 or 5 like the OP stated, would be too much.

So you meant outer plastic casing and nothing else? You really think Sony R&D spent that much on 3 designs of a black plastic shell?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

an uber small ps3 that can connect to the ps4 to make it BC.

It also needs a price drop.

the-pi-guy said:
Scisca said:
The PS3 12 GB costs around 130 right now, so why would 32 GB for 180 make any sense?

Where have you been shopping?  

The 12 GB version costs 199$.

In Europe :)

the-pi-guy said:
Scisca said:

In Europe :)

But America is the world!  Or something... 

I haven't seen low prices like that here, so 199$ for a bigger HDD makes sense.  

I've just checked. The standard price of a 12 GB PS3 in Poland is exactly 143 Euro. Recently there was a sale during which it went for 135. And I'm talking about the price in Media Markt - the largest electronics chain in Europe. I know Euro is worth more than a Dolar, but it's the norm that $1 = 1 Euro in this business and 143 Euro is still less than $199 :P Also, our price includes taxes (23% VAT...).