By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek: 8GB RAM Can Be Easily Filled Up, Will Surely Be Limiting Factor on PS4/Xbox One

8gb only gets filled up if the devs are lazy asses that refuse to optimize their games in any shape or form.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

How about you concentrate on making better games first, Crytek?

DerNebel said:

Crytek is one of the most obnoxious developers out there in my opinion, if they stopped complaining about console power once in a while and instead concentrated on making their games better, then maybe Ryse would've actually been a good game.

Original Far Cry and Crysis were good games

Kane1389 said:
DerNebel said:

Crytek is one of the most obnoxious developers out there in my opinion, if they stopped complaining about console power once in a while and instead concentrated on making their games better, then maybe Ryse would've actually been a good game.

Original Far Cry and Crysis were good games

Guess what they didn't do back then. Complain about console power.

Zekkyou said:
daredevil.shark said:

And I created this long ago.

Good ol' crytek.

I have a good PC and a PS4. Consoles lack power. I wish they dont. But I used to play Quake 3 Arena in year 1999 at 768p with Nvidia TNT2 graphic card. The Geforce 1 was very expensive for me.... 15 years later I run battlefield 4 at 900p on PS4. Same for Watch DogsNot a great increase in resolution. Im kind of dissapointed. If this is a trully next gen time i expect new consoles at least at 1080p when High end PCs are reaching 2160p. 

I think Crytek made Cryengine 2 because Crysis 1 was not able to run on consoles with all the volumetric clouds and 4 time the poligon count of other games. Crysis 2 was linear with small maps and lauched with DX9. So they made it for Consoles after they couldnt sell well Crysis 1 for PC.  

So its right. Crysis 1 cant be handle by 7 gen consoles as it was on PC.

Its also true that Crysis 2 was able to run on consoles, it was made for them and it was the worst game of all. 

Cryengine 3 was made thinking on PC and consoles. PC people were very dissapointed with Crysis 2. It became like a COD Game. So, they push the limits of consoles with Crysis 3. Also true. 

They say that Consoles cant compete with PC. Its obvious that a 500 Watt Radeon that costs 1500 USS will be far faster than several PS4 together. The PS4 dont even reach 200W with all its hardware. its 11,0 Teraflops against 1,84. No contest. Right again.

But they have to sell Rise, So they say they are happy with XBONE. Thats the only lie they told.

Now they say that console memory will not be enough. There is never enough memory period. 

http://gamingbolt.com/crytek-8gb-ram-can-be-easily-filled-up-will-surely-be-limiting-factor-on-ps4xbox-one

Around the Network

Remember that both PS4-ONE have 3GB or so reserved for OS, in other words, only 5 GB are available for games.

The amount of denial over 8GB of RAM is hilarious. I believe Ethomaz had a PS5 prediction thread, and he got the same raction.

8GB is nice, but it will become very small over the next 5+ years. We are already seeing 64 & 128GB DDR4 chips. Stacked RAM on GPU's will give 8GB on the lowest end GPU's in a years time. It is not going to take long for a low en gaming PC to have 3 - 4x raw power, and memory bandwidth advntage on PS4 & XBO.

Crytek is just putting things into perspective. Don't shoot the messanger.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

PigPen said:
Ka-pi96 said:
How ever much RAM they had it wouldn't have been enough for ever. It is still a massive improvement over 360/PS3 though.

I not sure, didn't the X360 have eDRAM.

It had 522MB of ran Total. 512MB DDR3 + 10MB eDRAM. Very little compared to PS4's 8GB GDDR5 and XOne's 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM.

4 ≈ One

Crytek's bullshit as always!

They love make crappy games with beautifull graphics but unoptimized code.

Remember graphics are 60% of the game!

If PS4 won't last long, then poor X1 is not even enough to start with, as that one is not even as strong as the PS4 is.