By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HD console graphics performance comparison charts

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I do agree that in general we could have 1080p30fps, but some genres as we both put will have their special needs and demands. FM5 had to cut a lot to achieve 1080p60fps, but at their next inputs they will probably have the same res/fps with better effects.

I keep hearing this. What cutbacks did they have to make exactly?

The prime example were the Audience that were 3D and became carboard cut-outs. From what I saw here it wasn't anything that affected the game in general, were more on the whistle and bells.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Forza-5-Xbox-One-Graphics-Downgraded-From-E3-Build-60711.html

Interesting. Was the E3 build 1080p too, or did they lose detail due to upgrading to 1080p from a lower resolution?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I do agree that in general we could have 1080p30fps, but some genres as we both put will have their special needs and demands. FM5 had to cut a lot to achieve 1080p60fps, but at their next inputs they will probably have the same res/fps with better effects.

I keep hearing this. What cutbacks did they have to make exactly?

The prime example were the Audience that were 3D and became carboard cut-outs. From what I saw here it wasn't anything that affected the game in general, were more on the whistle and bells.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Forza-5-Xbox-One-Graphics-Downgraded-From-E3-Build-60711.html

Interesting. Was the E3 build 1080p too, or did they lose detail due to upgrading to 1080p from a lower resolution?

1080p60fps running on a NVIDIA gaming PC that was like 4x more powerfull than PS4/X1. This is why a lot of people say they were deceptive in the demo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The Wii U is not that far behind the XOne & PS4. The PS4 is not that far of a jump to the PS3. Where is the link so I could go there and spread a virus?

a few minor errors, for example, PS3 memory bandwidth is 20.4 GB/s (cause gddr3 was downgraded of 50Mhz), but you can also fairly add the XDR bandwidth. Anyway, the rest is pretty accurate.
It's just basic calculation based on common knowledge for those who wonder (and yes we know everything about theses machines, even the WiiU. There s even die shots.

PigPen said:
The Wii U is not that far behind the XOne & PS4. The PS4 is not that far of a jump to the PS3. Where is the link so I could go there and spread a virus?

Your source being? Maybe you were hiding for a long time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
game_on said:
Richard_Feynman said:
curl-6 said:

You don't have confirmed numbers or specs, so the graph is meaningless.

Word of advice; don't use wikipedia as a source; the only reference for its Wii U stats is a Eurogamer article which itself was mere speculation.

The graph isn't "meaningless"! It holds lots of truth and facts, yes some parts are speculations, but they are done by experts and are accuarate enough to take as approximately true.

Why are you so negative about those graphs? They sum up the situation very nicely.

So it holds "truths and facts", like in "there is more than one thruth" and "experts" (like everyone is on the internet) make it "approximately" true. 
I think we'd better stick to looking at the games. At this moment Wii U games look slightly better than PS360 and PS4 games look slightly better than X1. That's the truth for now and we don't need graphs for that.

Funny, that's what the graphs say. So they can't be complete nonsense according to you.

But if you're not interested in graphs and specs and numbers then there really is no room for you in a discussion involving literally only those things.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, really good comparison there. Too bad loads of people will argue against it though.

Yeah, people argue that the fossil record is an elaborate hoax by scientists, also.

Chevinator123 said:
Adameh said:

What about the Wii?

Alright just for fun then, if you look really closely you can see the Wii bar :

Kind of painfully shows the diminishing returns you get with increased power though, Wii games are still very enjoyable and it's not like a PS4 game is 200x more immersive.

Richard_Feynman said:
game_on said:
Richard_Feynman said:
curl-6 said:

You don't have confirmed numbers or specs, so the graph is meaningless.

Word of advice; don't use wikipedia as a source; the only reference for its Wii U stats is a Eurogamer article which itself was mere speculation.

The graph isn't "meaningless"! It holds lots of truth and facts, yes some parts are speculations, but they are done by experts and are accuarate enough to take as approximately true.

Why are you so negative about those graphs? They sum up the situation very nicely.

So it holds "truths and facts", like in "there is more than one thruth" and "experts" (like everyone is on the internet) make it "approximately" true. 
I think we'd better stick to looking at the games. At this moment Wii U games look slightly better than PS360 and PS4 games look slightly better than X1. That's the truth for now and we don't need graphs for that.

Funny, that's what the graphs say. So they can't be complete nonsense according to you.

But if you're not interested in graphs and specs and numbers then there really is no room for you in a discussion involving literally only those things.

The graphs say more than "slightly"  and I'll be the judge of if there's room for me being involved in a discussion.
And it's not funny and neither are you!

Oh lolll, this graph is based on user knowledge, assumptions and research without any real world optimized benchmarks... cool chart but thats about it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850