By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: The Last Guardian will score a 73 meta or lower.

Cult games like ICO and SotC always score very high. I predict TLG won't disappoint. +87

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Unfortunately, there are people who wish this game would be a failure. Haters gonna hate. This people have to assimilate from now that The Last Guardian will be a must have exclusive for PlayStation owners, like Shadow of the Colossus was years before.

bananaking21 said:
biglittlesps said:
bananaking21 said:

if it ever releases that is. so you heard it hear first guys, TLG will be an average or bellow average game. and it will score as such. im actually thinking it will be in the mid 60's but ill keep my prediction to 73 and lower. 

give me one good reason for the possiblity low scores from reviews. It will get this low score only if the gameplay fails from reviewers point of view otherwise its a good game atleast.

the question is, give me one good reason for the game to have high scores? team ICO? they been going through hell, key members left, and the game went through development hell. they are skipping a damn entire generation, and a damn long one at that too. games that go through development hell and take so long to release, which happen to be massivily hyped at that too, are often met with over expectations. add to that that the game wont be as good as people think, it will leave a bitter taste in reviewers mouths and end up with disapointment. and it will recieve low scores.

why on earth would i think this game will score really high like other people think? 

I did not say this game will get high scores, also your point of development going through problems is not a good reason because sony wont release that kind of game which failed to meet the quality of Team ICO like before. If its released then it will surely atleast get some good game reviews because this kind of game cannot be compared to other games mostly and its a new experience so atleast this wil be a good game by reviewers mostly.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
bananaking21 said:

the question is, give me one good reason for the game to have high scores? team ICO? they been going through hell, key members left, and the game went through development hell. they are skipping a damn entire generation, and a damn long one at that too. games that go through development hell and take so long to release, which happen to be massivily hyped at that too, are often met with over expectations. add to that that the game wont be as good as people think, it will leave a bitter taste in reviewers mouths and end up with disapointment. and it will recieve low scores.

why on earth would i think this game will score really high like other people think? 

I did not say this game will get high scores, also your point of development going through problems is not a good reason because sony wont release that kind of game which failed to meet the quality of Team ICO like before. If its released then it will surely atleast get some good game reviews because this kind of game cannot be compared to other games mostly and its a new experience so atleast this wil be a good game by reviewers mostly.

Bolded is not true to any company. His reasonings are completely justified. It's more likely that Sony's goal is just to release the game when it's finished so that they won't waste anymore money on this thing. I'm just surprised that they never canned it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:

Bolded is not true to any company. His reasonings are completely justified. It's more likely that Sony's goal is just to release the game when it's finished so that they won't waste anymore money on this thing. I'm just surprised that they never canned it.

honestly i have no idea why its canned either. how long has it been in development, 7 years now? 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
AlphaCielago said:

honestly i have no idea why its canned either. how long has it been in development, 7 years now? 

Probably 8-9 years, since SoTC released. Although something else might hava existed at that time.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

TLG is going to be another Duke Nukem Forever, so I can see that happening!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If it has a metacritic score at all it means it released, so Im good with a metacritic of 0, I want this game released.