By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where did the PC mater race come from?

If I was a PC only gamer with a monster system then I'd be so sick of console gamers raving about their "best ever" graphics too.

The other day I played Metro on my friend's pc and it was honestly better looking than any PS4 game so far. Now I know that everyone can't afford those, but people who drive Volvos don't go around ignoring Ferraris when they do in fact exist.

Here's the latest McLaren F1 for you all:

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014/04/09/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review-the-definitive-4k-gaming-graphics-card/

Running Battlefield at 4k on max settings and getting well over 60 fps. Anyone who is gaming like that is most seriously allowed to scoff at the "best graphics ever" statements by console (only) owners. No PS4 game will get close to that ever.

Of course there are a lot of PC gamers that don't own such super high-end systems yet look down on consoles and that's a little sad. But forums are forums and there are idiots on the internet everywhere.

Around the Network

From the land before time, when stone giant by the name of C64 ruled the computer world.

Some PC Gamers even take this joke serious.

MohammadBadir said:
Didn't it start as a joke or something?

It did but those of the "master race" didn't understand that.

They where born in a cradle made of gold that's for sure.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I believe the PC Mater racing game came from THQ in 2007. I don't know why you would want to know that, but I hope this helps you.

In all seriousness though. The PC master race game from PC gamers spending way too much on their rigs just to play point-and-click adventure games. And since there is so few PC gamers with "beast PCs" they needed a title to make themselves feel relevant. Then all of the PC gamers with laptops and hand-me-down Dells from their parents joined in the boister the numbers.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

think-man said:

I don't seem to remember them being around a few years ago, all of a sudden they've pop up out of no where. 

Have they always been here?

What birthed them? To me it just seems like they're trying to always jump into the console wars, I see Sony and xbox fanboys going at it all the time and then I see a random PC gamer trying to jump in and downplay them. I always got the feeling that the PC gamer was a Nintendo fanboy though, and instead of bringing up Nintendo they bring up PC because it will always win the graphics fight.

It's because of Moore's Law and consoles not wanting to go above 100 W. 

Basically;

PS1/N64 gen V PC   =   Consoles beat the PC hands down on power and cost.

PS2/Xbox V PC  =  Again, consoles trumped the PC. Unless you had a state of the art machine for silly money, you couldn't get close.

7th Gen V PC  =  This is where it changed. On launch, a £2000 PC would match a console. Then, with DX10 and Crysis coming out a year later, a high end rig would beat the consoles. 

Now because the 7th gen went on far too long, a basic £700 PC in 2009/10 trashed the consoles with DX11 and far more power.

8th Gen V PC  =  Consoles were DOA to PC owners at the start. That £700 PC from 2009 matches the power of the xbone. A £600 PC is at least x2 as powerful as the PS4, and a high end PC is x4 + more powerful than the consoles. One reason is graphics cards grew rapidly in size and power eg. a r9 290 (x3 better than the ps4) is ~28cm long and consumes ~ 300 W alone.

From 2008 onwards, consoles could never match PCs for power, however a cheap solution to gaming will always be dominated by consoles.

Its an elite secret society that Valve started when they first released STEAM. Thats all I can say at this time.

There is gamers like me. Glorious God Gamers.

not missing out on exclusives, is the new cool thing.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm pretty sure they've been around at least since the start of last gen. Probably even in NES times but we didn't know because there was no Internet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.