By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Orange box breaks a million on 360? 1.5 on 360/ps3? (valve interview)

Where are they getting the digitally distributed numbers from? I haven't seen them anywhere...

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
Neos said:
1 mil on x360, seems in line with us really, of course they are talking about shipped

VGChartz has it at 500,000 sold to consumers and he's saying just over 1 million shipped to retailers. Is 500,000 sat in retailers normal for a game? It sounds really high to me, but I dunno, how many copies of a newish game like this would you expect to be sat on the shelves?

Same question for the PS3's 80,000 sold v 'a few hundred thousand' shipped.

Or perhaps another explanation is he's just making the numbers up and being intentionally vague so as to avoid being pinned down on the numbers *shrugs*

so 660.000 equals 500.000? =P

340.000 copies WW of a game on shelves seem reasonable to me, especially x360 games 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

and ps3 version? 400-500.000 shipped and 80.000 sold? no mind...

Vertigo-X said:
Where are they getting the digitally distributed numbers from? I haven't seen them anywhere...

Valve distributes the game digitally themselves so they have access to all of that data, they rarely release it though.

PC Gamer

I really like Steam.
Ever since the Steam community feature thing (You know when you press Shift + Tab? I don't know what it's called.) I've really been interested in it.

Some videos they can distribute through Steam would be the Team Fortress 2 videos, the same ones as XBLM.

Oh and BTW.
I didn't believe that one guy (forgot his name) who said Germany had big PC sales. Guess I'm wrong. |:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
goldenpp72 said:
the graphics would get tarded up, not sure why they should bother.. Would probably be too big for wii ware anyways.

Well, he didn't specify if it was based on NPD data or just publishers shipment data its a bit hard to say one way or the other.  The only part they really mention NPD is specifically in reference to PC sales and even then it's later in the article.

Could there be a problem?  Sure.  Is there for sure a problem?  No. But its definitely something worth looking into a bit more.

I have to say its nice to see folks from GAF hitting on the software now.   It used to be the hardware they complained about but I've noticed they don't really bother with that any more. The slow and begrudging acceptance of hardware numbers is well on its way~

PS - I don't disagree at all that the software data is frequently inconsistent. But I also think its getting better every month and its only a matter of time before the issues are worked out.  And every time someone points out a valid problem it helps, so on that note your effort is appreciated =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

Steam is just a awesome place to buy games from..long live PC gaming :)

The Orange Box is a great compilation of games. Good value for money 5 Games on one disc.

Well this is not unexpected . Games like WoW , HL and some other big titles still have amazing sales on the PC ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!