By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naughty Dog Working On 'Two brand-new Experiences.' (EDGE interview)

fleischr said:
daredevil.shark said:
I want a proper open world game from naughty dog with steam punk setting.

Isn't The Order 1886 supposed to be that?

the order isnt open world

Around the Network
fleischr said:
daredevil.shark said:

The order 1886 is close but its not open world.

Of course you can experience media like music, games, movies etc.
However, I perhaps personally wouldn't call a sports game or a game that is only aimed to be fun an experience assuming that an experience is something that is more profound and complex with a message and meaning. Then again, another person would maybe call such a work aimed to be fun also an experience, and there would be nothing wrong with that.

And how can one know that Marvel didn't ever say "experience" about their movies? Only IF someone has read and watched ALL of their interviews ever released could say that.

daredevil.shark said:

That would be fucking epic.

So yeah, they said they moved to a 2 game studio when they announced the Last of Us, but from what I understand, it's not as simple as a 2-team studio

Most of the studio will be working on Uncharted, but there will be teams working on this and the Last of Us 2. There will probably be a multiplayer team supporting Uncharted 3 and the Last of Us

Once this is done, more focus will go onto the Last of Us 2, but I'm thinking more and more that Uncharted 4 won't be this year

As for the Last of Us 2 vs a new IP, come on.... You can try for artistic integrity and all, but the Last of Us won basically every award and sold tons. It's just impossible not to make a sequel. The game did have probably the best ending of any game I've played, so I hope that it's not a direct sequel, but in Naughty Dog I trust

Around the Network
huiii said:
fleischr said:
daredevil.shark said:

The Order isn't open world, is it?

Evidently it is whatever people want it to be. And they want it to be awesome.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

TLoU is such an amazing game. Loved every second of it.

Saving money to buy a PS4 and play it again.

Crash Bandicoot, please...

Sweet. I can't wait. I wonder what they'll "evolve" to next. First it was the cartoonish Crash games. Then the mix is whimsical and mature with Jak and Daxter. The full on action adventure with Uncharted. TLOU was great, but NDs track record shows that they don't normally do multiple IPs in a gen, so I'll consider that an outlier.

So this means some new awesome trilogy is coming? Space. Take it to space. There's nothing left ND can do here on Earth

fleischr said:
huiii said:

The Order isn't open world, is it?

Evidently it is whatever people want it to be. And they want it to be awesome.

In that case i want it to be a third person swordfighting simulator in space. But with real sword not some stupid lightsabers and you can travel the whole galaxy and visit every celestal body (is that a word?) and it's got 39.027,98 unique races (,98 because one race is only 0,98% unique) and also the setting is medival and it's got RPG elements. And Magic exists.

Can it be that?