By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to offer Wii DLC and you have to pay for some online games X_X

How can Nintendo announce DLC and not come up with a solution to the limited space in the Wii? They need a firmware update so you can hook a hard drive up already. It sounds so backwards, it's ridiculous.

The second part is even worse. Nintendo offers a pretty shoddy online experience, even for free. If they're going to expect to charge, they'ed better at least match Sony with features. Either that, or they're making MMO's now and charging for the online, possibly Animal Crossing. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
__XBrawlX__ said:
...I will not pay for online gaming, as long as I don't have to pay for Brawl.

Bad desicion on Nintys part. (The second part) I really doubt that this is going to help their online community. ill we have to pay for mario kart? God I hope not!

NO look:   there is a blue symbol which mens NO PAY AND PLAY

Uh...joke post maybe?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

this probably will kill off 80% of any 3rd party online games. Why charge customers for a poor service when XBL and the PSN are better. And probably would be cheaper.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What I got out of that article was that if a company like ea has their own server or a game consumes the servers resources they will make you pay for that game only. Not the whole service of online which is ok with me.

OH nintendo will eventually release a solution to the memory problem I'm hoping usb hdd compatiblitiy because I have a 500gb usb hard drive waiting to be used.

Around the Network

Wow that sucks....

sc94597 said:
What I got out of that article was that if a company like ea has their own server or a game consumes the servers resources they will make you pay for that game only. Not the whole service of online which is ok with me.

OH nintendo will eventually release a solution to the memory problem I'm hoping usb hdd compatiblitiy because I have a 500gb usb hard drive waiting to be used.

what happens when a user has multiple games of that nature though. Mattering the cost of the subscriptions it wont be cheap. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

"Good New Everyone!"

Enh... Hopefully they don't make this the case for their own online games but instead leave it up to the third party developers to decide if this is what they want for their own.

As usual SSJ12 trying to make a bad situation look ten times worse. how many replies more before he tries to spin this into the Wii dropping to third place?

ssj12 said:
this probably will kill off 80% of any 3rd party online games. Why charge customers for a poor service when XBL and the PSN are better.

Ok, I checked the link.

It's just SOME games....which obviously means MMOs.

If Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Strikers are free...third party games should have no problem being online for free.  I'm guessing the only time you'd need to pay is for constantly changing games and MMOs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ ssj12 The only games that I cold see taking a toll on the server are MMOs and I don't there are going to be too many companies with their own servers that make you pay. If the person can't afford all of them just pay for one until getting tired of it then change your subscription to another. Or nintendo could make a monthly payment for all games that require money online.