By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - xbox one winning...

Mummelmann said:
China is completely irrelevant for consoles and will remain that way for a long time. PC rules there and the phone/tablets are setting their sights on it. The One will not sell well in China or India, I'm guessing the sales from those two countries combined will amount to even less than Japan.
The others won't sell anything there either, people were chanting the same chant in the 7th gen, about how the Wii would explode when it released in China and India, it's all make believe and has no root in market reailty, not then and not now.

Consoles were banned at the time when the WII launched ... 

Around the Network

Then you woke up.

♫ A dream is a wish your heart makes ♫ - Cinderella

Thanks jlmurph!

you just gotta believe!

nice

Hahaha.

Around the Network

Gonna bump this thread next year just to see how wrong op is.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
It's fun to pretend.

/thread

Whatever eases the pain, I suppose. 

silentdj151 said:

So...eventually xb1 will pass ps4 in the US in overall sales probably by the end of next year if not sooner...as far as globally I think xb1has a good chance even before the price cut and kinectless sku to pass ps4...China will help lift the xb1 over ps4 over the next couple of years...Chinese have a history of boycotting Japanese products...So ps4 stands no chance and doesn't have a release date in China correct me if I am wrong...China will eventually be second largest console gaming market with the next ten years if not sooner...

it could happen but even with the ban lifted, it is still an uphill battle. If am not mistaken the Chinese have strict rules when it comes to what kind of games can actually be published. Basically anything with violence is still banned. it's tough to market a console when all you can showcase is kirby or mario kinds of games.