By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After months of loving my Wii, it finally happened.

I learned to love Wii sports Boxing too!

Months of groaning every time it was included in my daily fitness tests. Months of punching my poor trainer in the face while trying to hit his gloves. Months of not even trying to play a full game of it, I finally decided I'd give it an honest shot.

And damn it's fun! Intense and so much deeper than I thought. Oh sure, it's still not the most precise thing in the world. There are times when I can't quite get the punch I'm trying for. But for a game like this that is fine by me. Those instances where he punches, you dodge, and time slows down for just a second, allowing you to rip into him with a combo and leave him shattered on the floor... damn that's good stuff.

So yes. Wii boxing is awesome + 3.

discuss. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

i get all hot when i play it, i prefer golf=)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I found that with the boxing, just punching wildly gets you the win.

I agree with Kirby, I sweat when I play.

Best ones are tied tennis/bowling

What happened? It got pregnant?

EDIT: Oh I see, it's about Wii Boxing, well good for you Stofy! =)

I love the boxing, I never knew why people complained so much about it. Golf and boxing are my favorites.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

So, with your newfound prowess, have you made it up to pro on boxing? I hit 800+ and then I lost interest in further boxing. For comparison I'm over 1500 in everything else. I've learned just how skill-based the games are when I come back after a week of not playing and bring down my ranking from poor performances.

my arms hurts after a while, while playing wii boxing for a long time

The more I play, the more I find just flailing leads to blocked punches and getting decked. That's what surprised me. It really does pay off to play a balanced game. Defence is a powerful weapon.

And as for the heat. To me that's great. I love that it's physical. I'm even more excited for Wiifit now since It's supposed to have an even better boxing game in it.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I'm more of a bowling and baseball fanatic on Wii Sports. Boxing is fun, but it's really just a lot of flailing around, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It's not any less accurate then the other games, it's just too fast paced for the Wiimote to handle. You can't help punching, especially with human opponents, like you're really punching someone. I think this was also a problem they had with Victorious Boxers.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

fkusumot - I really just discovered it today. so I'm nowhere close to pro yet. But I will go for it now that I know how much fun it is.