By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

BenVTrigger said:

Nope I'm not predicting a price cut or really anything yet. For a few reasons

1. I have no idea how an official $100 price cut in the US will effect the Xbox One

2. Who knows what Ace up their sleeves Sony / MS still have and are going to unleash at E3

3. We're still only about a half of a year into these console life cycles. There still isn't a firm established pattern to how these consoles sell (other than Sony currently being higher, but the numbers themselves are changing pretty drastically from month to month for both)

So basically I'm just saying to me its too early to call the holiday period for anyone. There's just far too many variables that could change the outcome.

Yeah, it's hard to predict without knowing how E3 goes, agreed.

Around the Network

WiiU up yoy, hurray!

So, wiiu set to surpass X1 next month, eh?

And nintendo need to spread their audience with the 3DS. They need to make more than rpgs and plattaforms if they intend to regain traction for the rest of the year.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

XOne are in dire need of that Kinectless SKU its a slaughter right now. I seriously tought both the One and PS4 would be selling more or les the same with XOne having an easy victory in the USA and the PS4 on Europe, the bad press the One got realy hurt them all Sony has had to do so far was ride the momentum wave.

Chevinator123 said:
DAMMIT VGC!! I DEFENDED YOUS A FEW WEEKS AGO!! fuk

Well in VGC's defense it was pretty close to everything besides the X1 (2k off the Wii U, 3k off the 360, 6k off Vita, and 13k off the PS4).

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Hey look, VGC was pretty close on the PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
TechnoHobbit said:
Chevinator123 said:
DAMMIT VGC!! I DEFENDED YOUS A FEW WEEKS AGO!! fuk

Well in VGC's defense it was pretty close to everything besides the X1 (2k off the Wii U, 3k off the 360, 6k off Vita, and 13k off the PS4).

That's what makes the consistent overtracking of the XB1 so strange, their tracking elsewhere is quite good (though 6k off for vita is 200% over, so add vita to that too). 

Daisuke72 said:

March (5 weeks) - 311,000 units sold -->62,200 units per week
April (4 weeks) - 115,000 units sold -->28,750 units per week

Titanfall was a console seller afterall.

February (4 weeks) - 258,000 units sold --> 64,500 units per week. Explain system seller-ness

starcraft said:
Aerys said:
BenVTrigger said:

Honestly unless something major comes from Sony this holiday there is a real chance MS could win the holidays in the US.

They're dropping price, releasing Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and Forza Horizon 2. That's a hell of a line up and so far Sony's this year appears worse. The Order could be amazing and turn out to be the next Uncharted or The Last of Us but that remains to be seen.

MS is in a bad position right now, but I think the holidays will be closer than the race has been in the US. 

You forgot about Driveclub, the other announcement at e3 ( since you count FH2 not announced yet),  Destiny and every multiplatform game helping much more the PS4.

Driveclub is an enormous 'wait and see' at the moment after its development set backs.

Wait and see maybe, still, the game has a lot of pre order for a new ip releasing in 6months , it will help.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

They are overtracking X1 extremely much right now in the US. But since we know shipments, it seems like there is some heavy undertracking somewhere else.

Dammit. Just woke up.
Can someone give me a rundown?

Who had a melt down? Who was eating crow? Who was banned for laughing at other fan bases? How many doom posts for VGC? etc

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.