By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

I think the PS2 was selling better than the Vita when it was discontinued.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Seece said:
Vita under 3.4k

Terrible.

Put a fork in it, Vita is dead in the US.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mario Golf is a complete flop. Wow.

Euphoria14 said:
41k for Kirby
17k for Mario Golf

Terrible. It seems VGC doesn't favor any sort of thing when over-tracking.

Nintendo family (WiiU+Wii+3DS)

Around the Network

PS4 outsold the Wii+WiiU+3DS combined.

Wow... Vita ... =/. Man, things are looking grim for the handheld market in the US.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

DerNebel said:
Now with confirmation of the X1 being extremely overtracked in the US, does anyone else feel that the same could, to a lesser extent, be the case in the UK? Vgchartz has the X1 at the top since the beginning of April, I personally believe though that for the last 2 weeks the PS4 has been back on top, I arrive at that conclusion through a mixture of weekly GfK charts, Amazon rankings and intuition. :D

I agree.  GfK announced when the One outsold the PS4 for the two weeks during and after the Titanfall launch.  Then, they said the PS4 had retaken the top spot.  After that, there was no mention of who was first or second.  This leads me to believe the PS4 has remained on top.

Shinobi-san said:
BenVTrigger said:
At the very least I hope NeoGaf respects the community here. I enjoy GAF a lot but when you see them talk numbers and sales its..........rough. There are so many people there that have no idea about trends or how to analyze sales data.

Great forum but Vgchartz is a superior community to discuss the actual financial side of the industry. Even though the Chartz numbers are off. I haven't read them in months.

To be honest Ben...the fact that we have you around gives us the biggest insider in the industry when it comes to sales data. Just about every one of your "hints" have turned out to be true. NO insider has your kinda record on GAF.

benV >>> ioi.

maybe we can get ben to create benVchartz.

Fusioncode said:
PS4 outsold the Wii+WiiU+3DS combined.

Not really surprising conidering PS4 sold 200k+. 3DS should be around 100k and then you have wiiU that is around 45k and then you have the dead wii...

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M