By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW 10th May up! US/UK Software up.

VXIII said:
Kresnik said:
VXIII said:

I've worked at the DB before. I believe that VG numbers ,outside of relatively big software releases and hardware, are not based on any data. That's why a small mistake in the inputted release date causes false data to appear. their estimations are base on the genre of the game and past trend of the franchise for most games, no more.

What's the deal with not tracking certain releases despite them showing up in various official charts? 

To much work , perhaps?

Hate to break it for you, but VGchartz is clearly not a priority for the owner anymore, in case you haven't noticed yet.

yeah, seriously.   sometimes i wonder why i'm still here anymore.  the community has been dying down, the numbers are shit.  if only there was a way to port all the great users here to a site that actually wants to be successful.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
4k1x3r said:
Mummelmann said:
So, PS4's sales keep dropping, people still blaming shortages? Are they manufacturing only 500k per month?

Japan is atrocious, I dare anyone to still say that mobile gaming won't have any impact on traditional gaming.

We can give you an answer when NPD drops in a few hours, if you see what I mean.

NPD would have to show vgchartz being off consistently by a few hundred thousand per month for there to be any truth in persisting shortage excuses. I think the explanation is quite a bit simpler; the demand is lower than many expected. It's crashing in Japan, going far below even my conservative estimates (10-15k baseline after the launch period was over). NPD will very likely show that vgchartz has been off again, it will not show that PS4 has massive supply constraints, the numbers simply don't add up.

I don't know about other parts of the world, but around me, they are in plentiful supplies.  The scalpers have stop buying them once they couldn't sell them for more than retail anymore.  I haven't witnessed anyone buying a PS4 in a couple of months.  Craig's list is also full of used ones selling at big discounts (ie...system, 1-2 controllers, 3-4 games $400).

The problem I see is that a lot of early adopters sold off there entire PS3/Xbox 360 collections just to buy a PS4/Xbox One with a game or two.  Neither system has much to play yet, so people are growing bored with them.

Stop hating and start playing.

bananaking21 said:
Mummelmann said:
So, PS4's sales keep dropping, people still blaming shortages? Are they manufacturing only 500k per month?

Japan is atrocious, I dare anyone to still say that mobile gaming won't have any impact on traditional gaming.

who is blamming it on shortages?

I'm guessing the surprising amount of users who believe the PS4 will have sold between 18 and 20 million by year's end...

Vita...Borderlands 2...No comment.

Last week, Spiderman ONe, now this.

I think at this point, VGC sales should be banned from the forum

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

sales2099 said:
Barenziah said:

how is the PS4 winning another week bad,117k will do me,

i'll have to remember the fanboy reaction when the XBOX does these numbers

Context is key. Not being 150k + and declining like the rest shows PS4 mania is over. Still the best selling console, but the demand has finally caught up with supply.

fair enough,don't mind PS4 mania being over

my context is that it beats Xbox which it is still doing which is good news and not bad,i will remember your and many others reaction when the xbox is doing 120 k and beating the PS4

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Kresnik said:
VXIII said:

I've worked at the DB before. I believe that VG numbers ,outside of relatively big software releases and hardware, are not based on any data. That's why a small mistake in the inputted release date causes false data to appear. their estimations are base on the genre of the game and past trend of the franchise for most games, no more.

What's the deal with not tracking certain releases despite them showing up in various official charts? 

To much work , perhaps?

Hate to break it for you, but VGchartz is clearly not a priority for the owner anymore, in case you haven't noticed yet.

I remember the last ioi was active he complained about the state of the community and said he was going to try and fix things. Of course then he disappears for another 6 months. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I thought VGChartz was way off the Vita sales at first, but after seeing the NPD results for April I think they might be spot on.... *sigh*

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

So it seems the PSVita's number could actually be that terrible, eh? I can't even fathom that number of sales. It seems frighteningly small. But, that's what you get when you practically give up in a certain market. It's happening with the 3DS as well, to a lesser extent.

NintendoPie said:
So it seems the PSVita's number could actually be that terrible, eh? I can't even fathom that number of sales. It seems frighteningly small. But, that's what you get when you practically give up in a certain market. It's happening with the 3DS as well, to a lesser extent.

VGC numbers are wrong, it's a fact.

Borderlands 2 is only available in bundle, so if Borderlands sold 40k in US, Vita sold 40k in US, as simple as that. ( and is way ahead of X1 with real week numbers that should be near from 25k )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

VGC numbers are wrong, it's a fact.

Borderlands 2 is only available in bundle, so if Borderlands sold 40k in US, Vita sold 40k in US, as simple as that. ( and is way ahead of X1 with real week numbers that should be near from 25k )

I was correlating the Vita sales in May overall with that of April since NPD released the official sales figures, and they were bad.

However, if that really is the case, then VGC is definitely wrong. I wouldn't be surprised at all, though.