By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

I have been a lurker a long time, and I smile when read things like this.

Everyone know vgc sales guesses are way off. Average Joe have it better than vgc.
When Ethomaz and other ppl who where more correct than vgc got banned this site lost credibility.

Other sites I visit they wont accept this sites figures.

Around the Network
krippaz said:

Everyone know vgc sales guesses are way off. Average Joe have it better than vgc.
When Ethomaz and other ppl who where more correct than vgc got banned this site lost credibility.

Ethomaz? I don't know about this, can you tell me?

TheDrill said:
krippaz said:

For someone with so much fate in the site to not know about the personalities Ethomaz, Pezus, John Lucas, Zero099, Kowenicki, Toastboy, Kirby007, sales2099, bananaking, Selnor you really don't know nothing about the site.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheDrill said:
krippaz said:

Ethomaz is the Legend of the Undertracked. 

bananaking21 said:
TheDrill said:
krippaz said:

Ethomaz is the Legend of the Undertracked. 

What is that even supposed to mean?

Around the Network
Landguy said:
TheDrill said:
Willem said:
TheDrill said:

Titanfall  for X1 only outsold Infamous  2 to 1

Well .. they weren't exactly sold, they were merely given away for free with the Titanfall bundles.
If I:SS was bundled with every PS4 for free it would seriously lift up its sales cause VGC would count them as "sold" too.

Still sold.

Further proof: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180708

X1 is doing very good in US and UK, just like X360 did last generation.

I tried to avoid this thread, as it seems like a no win scenario for all involved.

Clearly, "the Drill" has to be a plant.  No way anyone would argue the points that they are with no consideration of any reply to them.  I have and XB1, but I think I would not have wasted so many hours defending it's sales numbers.  In the end, the # are what they are...

A plant? please.

I completely acknowledged that PS4 outsold X1, but I am saying that it's still early in the generation, that the gap is close, and X1 will have a price cut that will undoubtably increase sales.

Furthermore Titanfall sold a lot of units, and Halo and similar game (FPS genre) sells a lot in the USA, which means X1 may make a comeback.

TheDrill said:

A plant? please.

I completely acknowledged that PS4 outsold X1, but I am saying that it's still early in the generation, that the gap is close, and X1 will have a price cut that will undoubtably increase sales.

Furthermore Titanfall sold a lot of units, and Halo and similar game (FPS genre) sells a lot in the USA, which means X1 may make a comeback.

To bad FPS's aren't exclusive to the XB1. TitanFall 2 isn't even exclusive.

But don't worry, it's still early in the generation, well until the generation ends that is.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

NPD is around the corner...

TheDrill said:

A plant? please.

Well, this article says contrary to what you think will happen: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/79-Gamers-Say-They-Won-t-Buy-Cheaper-399-Xbox-One-64455.html

And as said before, FPS's aren't exclusive to X1. Destiny is on the PS4, too, and has a lot more preorders than the X1 version to the point that sales2099 dubbed it a "pretend exclusive" for the PS4. The Titanfall series is not exclusive to the X1. Halo will undoubtly sell a lot, but Halo 5 isn't out until at the soonest, fall 2015. With the PS4 constantly in the Top 10 in Amazon and selling well everywhere else, I have doubts on whether the X1 can outsell the PS4 this month.

After adjustments on VGC in USA we stand at:
X1 - 2.867.177 units (and still a little overtracked but not over 10% like before)
PS4 - 3.455.879 units (quite spot on probably)

So we have 20,5% difference already. Double of your initial supposition, still small number?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."