By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
Haha, very amusing guys, I am just patiently waiting for next months numbers.
We've yet to see who will have the last laugh.

NPD or VGC? 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
TheDrill said:

NPD or VGC? 

Whichever favours the XB1 the most.

So ... VGC would be my guess.

The PS5 Exists. 

We're due for vgc to fix their method of approximating their xb1 numbers going forward. Overdue in fact considering the massive failure in accuracy. What will people do with no more broken numbers to pin their hopes on? :)

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

NPD or VGC? 

Whichever favours the XB1 the most.

So ... VGC would be my guess.

lets see what numbers he was talking about. 

The following that Sony and Microsoft offer their products to are quite similar and Microsoft took from the Sony grew from the post SNES era gamers who mostly enjoyed multiplat gaming. They like exclusives but they love the variety that third party bring as well. The only reason the 360 enjoyed such a solid lead were because of four +things:

1) One year head start
2) blocking or getting timed exclusivity off third party exclusives from Sony in the first couple years.
3) Taking Japanese third party from Sony and putting them on their brand in the west as to avoid bias from Otaku (Japanese product prone people who like Manga, anime and japanese made games.).

4)Price

If Microsoft can offer a product that focuses mostly on third party, proper multimedia and os (like Sony) the consumer will primarily look at price. This is what made the 360 so great. They perfected all of the things Sony has been striving for themselves (except the hardware and actual game development ability).

Once this was accomplished the Kinect saved them from defeat.

MICROSOFT KNOWS THAT IF THEY LAUNCHED WITH SONY THAT THEY CANNOT WIN.

This is why they risked the integrity of the 360 and so many of their consoles failed. They didn't care about the product, they were so desperate to beat Sony that they laucnhed it anyway.

Sony impressed the US market by finishing strong with the PS3. They will carry Sony to victory no different than the rest of the world did last gen. Even if Sony sells ten million more in the us than Microsoft their fate is sealed for a victory.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
We're due for vgc to fix their method of approximating their xb1 numbers going forward. Overdue in fact considering the massive failure in accuracy. What will people do with no more broken numbers to pin their hopes on? :)

people are blowing out of proportion the inaccuracy of VGchartz.

Their numbers are respectable.

TheDrill said:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheDrill said:
aign said:

people are blowing out of prortion the inaccuracy of VGchartz.

By people you mean like 90% of the community, even the mods?

Have you saw that they tracked spider man 2 for x1 in the top ten while the game hadn't even released, had a game bundled with the system (without a stand alone version) sell more than the hw, had ps3 tracked above shipped ???

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

Do respectable numbers always get adjusted to fit npd?

TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:

Seeing as how your a newer member, it seems like we need to remind you what forum you are on.  This isnt Neogaf, Gamefaqs, IGN etc..   This is the forum for VGchartz.  Everyone here has been following for a while, learned about market trends, realistic sales figures, and even get a sense of the idea of when VGC is off.  It happens alot and just about every weeks numbers will have more than a few saying one of the other is over/under tracked.   and the community generally gets its right when you average out the guesstimates.

An important thing to remember is that even the strongest xbox supporters on this site predicted the xb1 over tracked and that the ps4 won april,  and thats exactly what NPD showed.   

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz