By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

AZWification said:

OK... This thread has passed 1000 posts.... You can lock it now, mods! >_>

NO!!!! I need this thread to stay alive lol. Seriously it is quite entertaining. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
AZWification said:

NO!!!! I need this thread to stay alive lol. Seriously it is quite entertaining. 

Eh.. Seeing the OP get destroyed the first few times was fun, bu now it's getting sad...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

TheBlackNaruto said:

Eh, if I were a mod I would have certainly killed this thread by now ...

There's nothing entertaining left in this thread other than the OP's denial about the numbers released from NPD recently. 

no way and who cares really cause it wont outsell worldwide

hope 4 majora remake :D

Xbox could outsell PS4?

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

i am finding it very hard not to say anything that would get me banned at this point. if MS won NPD, they would have said so with a mega phone. we have the numbers, they have been leaked better that any month in a while, we have seen EXACTLY what the numbers were. It wasnt close, and it most certainly didnt win.

a smart person would have admitted they were wrong and ask a mod for it to be locked

You all seem to forget the following facts:

1) It's not even 1 year of this generation

2) X1 doesn't have a full month on sales since the price cut

3) X1 is very strong in USA and the total sales between X1 and PS4 are very close in the US

4) The price cut alone got X1 close to or slightly more to PS4 sales.

5) My prediction includes the time from this price cut and is long term, it wasn't X1 will outsell PS4 1 months only in the US.

the only thing you said that was correct.  but it doesnt matter because its still moving in the wrong direction.  the gap is growing. your prediction was wrong.  you said at the price cut it would change, it hasnt, end of story.  if you want to make a new prediction why dont you make  new thread.

but again i dont know why i bother at this point,  you continue to repeat the same lines that arent true, like a 12yo girl with fingers in her ears.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

TheDrill said:

You are all missing the point.

My prediction started at the time of the price cut, It's been only a month since X1 went on a price cut, and not even one year for this whole generation.

If you took the time to carefully read my original post, you would see that I said that it will happen by early or Q1 2015.

I will say I respect you standing you ground but in your original post you DID NOT say it will happen by early or Q1 2015 you CLEARY said and I quote "It will have more units sold in the US by January 2015, and start outselling it from there." That was what you said. And at this point in time that does not seem to be the case and will more than likely not happen as far as I can tell. Not sure why you can't just say your original prediction was wrong and move on to a new prediction...pride or something maybe I guess. Anyway good luck sir.

Side note you guys are right at this point.....the denial, goal post moving wish washy stuff is no longer entertaining it is old now.....maybe it is time to lock this thread up. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

AZWification said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
AZWification said:

Eh.. Seeing the OP get destroyed the first few times was fun, bu now it's getting sad...

I am not getting destroyed, you guys are not realizing how early into this generation we are.

TheDrill said:
DD_Bwest said:

i am finding it very hard not to say anything that would get me banned at this point. if MS won NPD, they would have said so with a mega phone. we have the numbers, they have been leaked better that any month in a while, we have seen EXACTLY what the numbers were. It wasnt close, and it most certainly didnt win.

a smart person would have admitted they were wrong and ask a mod for it to be locked

You all seem to forget the following facts:

1) It's not even 1 year of this generation

2) X1 doesn't have a full month on sales since the price cut

3) X1 is very strong in USA and the total sales between X1 and PS4 are very close in the US

4) The price cut alone got X1 close to or slightly more to PS4 sales.

5) My prediction includes the time from this price cut and is long term, it wasn't X1 will outsell PS4 1 months only in the US.

1) Saying it hasn't even been a year means nothing, because it in no way proves that the PS4's lead in the U.S. won't simply be even bigger. In fact, given many of the Xbox One's most-touted momentum-shifting moves and strategies have failed to help it outsell the PS4 at all this year, all indications suggest that the Xbox One will continue to be outsold by the PS4 for the next four out of six months, at least. Especially given Sony is far more likely to have a stronger showing than Microsoft at Gamescom and TGS, which just means more tasty PR and buzz for them, keeping the 'Hop On PS4' train in full motion throughout the summer, and into the fall.

2) PS4 didn't have a price cut at all. No super special hyper game releases, NOTHING to counteract the pent-up orders of the new Xbox One Kinect, meaning that not only did it beat the Xbox One, it beat the Xbox One with less reasons to beat it. It beat the Xbox One purely on the strength, as odd as this sounds, of being a PS4. Not only that, but considering the Xbox One's 399$ SKU sales were probably top heavy- meaning LOTS of week-one sales and pre-orders being picked up- July's NPD is liable to have an even worse weekly sales average for the Xbox One than June's.

3) True, they are closeish, BUT closing them means, eventually, turning the tide. No matter how close the gap is, it doesn't matter if it looks like Sony is going to spend at least two-thirds of this year widening it.

4) ....no, no it didn't. It got less. It got, outright, more than twenty percent less, which while not as massive a difference as the way it was probably getting obliterated in May, still doesn't count as 'close.' It's akin to saying; "Guys! Guys! He gave me less bruises this time and I cried a bit less! I think that means I won!"

5) Your original post states, outright, that the Xbox One will have sold more than the PS4 by January 2015. OUTRIGHT. Meaning that by the end of New Years, by the time 2015 is in swing, Microsoft will be on top... meaning Microsoft will have already caught up during 2014.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

TheDrill said:

I am not getting destroyed, you guys are not realizing how early into this generation we are.

how come you dont take the time to back up your argument.  you have said multiple times the xb1 met or exceeded the ps4.  can you kindly show proof?

failure to do so will automatically result in you admitting you are wrong

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz